Forums

Favorite Tournament to Watch/Attend

•  

zacho
    The Masters is # 1,but I also enjoy Kapalua. I've played Kapalua a few times so  it brings back some experiences and watching  reminds me that golf season is only 3 months away here in frigid New England.

It is going to be warm enough tomorrow! If you can find a course that is open that is.

• 4821 points

I like watching the toughness of the US Open and the uncertainty of the British Open.

•  

The British Open is a lot of fun to watch especially since it is on early in the morning...

•  

The OPEN Championship!

• 551 points

Devin

Congratulations  on one year as our Ambassador.

After a year in New England , we still have not converted you to a Pats fan?

Jerry Wood

•  

jerry wood
    Devin

Jerry Wood

I would like the Pats if and only if there were two teams in the League and the choice was between the Bengals and the Pats.  Other than that I will NEVER, be a Pats fan!

And its 3 years!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

jerry wood
    Devin

Jerry Wood

I would like the Pats if and only if there were two teams in the League and the choice was between the Bengals and the Pats.  Other than that I will NEVER, be a Pats fan!

And its 3 years!

• 4120 points

I dont have any I attend - minus a LPGA event here.  It's fun to walk courses I don't have the opportunity to even sniff at.

To watch?  Masters and US Open.  The British is a ton of fun, but I think it falls back a little for me.  Watching The Players is also a good time, especially with 17 on Sunday when scores are tight!

•  

Whaql1
    Devin_Gmitter

jerry woodDevin

Jerry Wood

And its 3 years!

When was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?  I don't remember because I was three!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Whaql1
    Devin_Gmitter

jerry woodDevin

Jerry Wood

And its 3 years!

When was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?  I don't remember because I was three!

Been a long time, I think it's when skinny jeans were the in thing.

•  

Attend - Masters and US Open.  Not much needs to be said about the Masters.  We all know.  I've been to a couple US Opens and they are usually done well.  Considering the amount of people that are there, I think the USGA gets the logistics done right.  Smaller tourneys are fun because you can get closer to players and they are generally a bit looser, but it can be hit or miss if a big name will be there.

Watch - Masters and The Open are my top two.  The Masters is the Masters.  And I love getting up and watching The Open in the mornings and the completely different style of golf.

•  

I have to go with the masses here and believe that The Masters is my favorite tournament to either watch or attend.  

Next, any course that I have played before where they have a televised PGA tournament I really enjoy watching.  When one of the pros is in a bunker that I have been in it always makes me feel good!  I have even been known to break out the yardage books from courses I have played when watching on TV to follow along.  However, when I am watching a tournament and flipping through a yardage book for the course I tend to get interesting looks from my wife and comments like "really?"

•  

I enjoy watching the US Open. I usually volunteer at tournaments in the metro NY area. I really enjoyed volunteering at the LPGA Sybase Match Play, but Sybase is no longer a sponsor, so no tournament. All good things come to an end.

• 4967 points

Masters is #1. I love the US Open as well.Such denanding course set up makes it fun to see pros actually work to score well. I have a special fondness of the Opens held at Bethpage and Shinnecock - BP Black was my home ocurse for many years and it si a always fun to see how players execute shots form spots that have bedeviled you and your game or knnowing the subtle breaks in the green and whether the pros will see them. And Shinnecock is simply one of the magical venues in all of golf...The clubhouse rivals the course for magnificence!