Forums

Another win for the wedge master

• 2420 points

On a course that favors the bombers Zach once again picked apart a course with his brain and his Vokey wedges.

No question he is the best wedge player in the game, nobody in the sport plays to his  strength  better than Zach Johnson.

• 2420 points

Just another Zach stat...........since he came on in 2003 only Tiger, Phil and Vijay have won more. Not Ernie or Steve  Stricker or Furyk or Adam or Kuchar.

A tribute to his work ethic and consistency.

•  

It was great to watch Zach pick the course apart, other than during his third round, which was a bit off.  Spieth gave it a great try, but just could not pull it off.  Guess he needs to change his shoes back to FJ.

• 757 points

No kidding! Can't believe that Spieth switched to UA shoes.  Those babies are ugly!

•  

The Golf Channel was talking the other day about Zach being the best wedge player on the planet and I guess he continues to prove that.  I can believe Spieth switched.  It's money in the bank baby.....in my opinion FJ has the best product, but I am loyal to FJ......money talks and these pros are afterall self employed.......he did stay with Team Titleist.....has been using a Taylormade three wood for sometime.....not all brands of shoes are appealing to everyone.....have not seen them up close....tried to find them online so I could be more objective and have not had any luck.....I hear they make good quality products....but I am not interested...

• 3293 points

I'm happy for him. Although I haven't really rooted for him in the past, I really do admire is focus and demeanour.

• 2420 points

My son and his friends on the golf team for some reason think FJ is not as "cool" as UA or Puma, the styles of the shirts and colors and all that. They are all only 2 or 3 years younger than Jordan and don't get paid to wear clothing or gear so I can understand Jordan trying something else and I am sure UA paid him a pretty penny to convince him to switch..

What I say to my son and his friends is that  as you get older you will learn to go with Quality and substance over "coolness".

Something's can only be learned thru experience.

• 704 points

Those Youngbloods will learn one day tee2green!  Awesome win for Zach, sad to see Jordan leave the FJ team.

•  

I am sure these other companies make a decent shoe.  They are just not in the same class as our beloved FJ.

•  

tee2green
    My son and his friends on the golf team for some reason think FJ is not as "cool" as UA or Puma, the styles of the shirts and colors and all that. They are all only 2 or 3 years younger than Jordan and don't get paid to wear clothing or gear so I can understand Jordan trying something else and I am sure UA paid him a pretty penny to convince him to switch..

What I say to my son and his friends is that  as you get older you will learn to go with Quality and substance over "coolness".

Something's can only be learned thru experience.

I have been giving the high school in my area on the teams lots of FJ propaganda of late in the off season...they seem to care about looks but performance is also important...I have making progress with BOA system in a big way! No one else has it!

• 2420 points

My sons team has a "tradition"  in which high man  for the  previous  tournament  has to wear a very loud pair of pants for the next tournament , Kinda like a walk of shame. Their coach is cool with it and allows them to bend the team attire for one player.

They love the FJ shoes and rain gear but to them the FJ  polos too old school .

They will learn eventually that it does not get better than FJ.