Forums

Tournament of Champions

• 783 points

I was lucky enough to play the plantation course last May.  It was amazing!!  Any picks on a winner?

•  

Zach looks like a contendor, if the course drys up a little.  it plays a little long for him.  Adam could be a good bet as well.    

• 5375 points

Zach Johnson is indeed looking good. But closing fast in the rear view mirror is Dustin Johnson. Can you imagine? 689 par 5 and  he is on in 2...As he said, "I hit a couple of good shots. A good drive and a really good three wood." The three wood was a drawdown the hill that flew, oh, 290...NOw for DJ, that's a well-throttled 3 wood, not a full out blast...If the breeze stays favorable, look for a repeat champion!

•  

If Zach wins it would be a huge upset. The pars 5's play like par 4's for DJ and it's a par 73. With his length DJ should have a huge advantage at this event.

GO ZACH !!!!

•  

What a log jam going into the final day.  It is anybodys tournament.  Come on team Titleist.  

• 719 points

Spieth and Simpson both played exceptionally well today. Dustin Johnson was amazing on the par 5's. Zack Johnson is only two strokes behind. He stumbled a bit today, but could be back in the chase tomorrow.Matt Kutcher could join the chase.  I wouldn't be surprised if Spieth wins. Seems to be a solid perfomer. At age 20 no less.

•  

rustinwest
    I was lucky enough to play the plantation course last May.  It was amazing!!  Any picks on a winner?

Was the course windy? LOL

•  

I love watching the approach shot into 18: the back drop, seeing the ball draw in, the noticable downhill. Just love it!

•  

Whaql1
    I love watching the approach shot into 18: the back drop, seeing the ball draw in, the noticable downhill. Just love it!

I agree! What a stunning visual back drop!  The whales also add to the view!

• 3106 points

I would love to see Zach win it but DJ can just over power this course . Adam is lurking but may be just a shot or two too far back.

•  

It's a fun course to play, the views are amazing and the scale is quite intimidating.  Certainly one of my favorites.  The hole is so downhill it plays much, much shorter than it appears and if it is not too wet you can get a lot of roll.  From the regular tees (a mere 585 yards) if you are a longer hitter, you can reach the green in two - the distance is deceiving.  The 17th is kind of a mini version of the same hole and it is fun to have these two closing holes where you have huge fairways and can just let it rip.  Attached are a couple of shots from the 18th tee box.

• 1362 points

My eyes may be deceiving me but did anyone else see Spieth swinging a white 3 wood on the 18th approach. Tell me I'm wrong!

•  

Congratulations are in order for Zach winning the TOC.........could not ask for a better champion.......team Titleist did well.....

•  

JosephR
    My eyes may be deceiving me but did anyone else see Spieth swinging a white 3 wood on the 18th approach. Tell me I'm wrong!

He has been playing that club since he came on tour, similar to Stricker gaming a non Scotty Putter.

• 1362 points

I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks Devin. Congrats to Zach!