Forums

How long...

• 4178 points

How long until the PGA merges (acquires) with the European Tour?

• 704 points

I give it 5 years or less

•  

Why?  They both are operating effectively and players from both tours have the opportunity to play on either tour.  I hope that they leave it as it is......I appreciate our friends from abroad......"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....

•  

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !!!

•  

Croc, Never say never.

• 1181 points

It wouldn't surprise me but I doubt the two would formally merge their administrative bodies. I can't imagine the European PGA

or our PGA giving up control.

•  

It will not happen.

• 4178 points

As I understand it the European Tour is not as financially viable as the PGA by a large multiple.

•  

Not sure I see it happening, they both seem to be doing fine money wise. Not sure there would be a need for it.

•  

i don't see it happening unless one of them gets into financial trouble.  they have a good thing going that is benefiting both groups.  

•  

I do not want to see it happen.  I like how some of the tournaments are unique to the tours.

TT

•  

I agree the liklihood is distant since each organization approaches the business side of the game in two different ways (advertising, sponsorships etc...) not to mention the point that was brought up about control.  However, it would make sense going forward and they would probably be able to reach out to more companies to be involved in the future if they were under the same umbrella.  

• 1146 points

No merger. There's pleny of sponsoship money to keep the ET alive for a long time to come. I also think the ET would try to block it just on principle. But it is interesting to see more of the top ET players come to the PGA Tour. The big issue in coming years will be Asia. They'll begin offering huge purses that could draw the big talent from even the US.  The ET seems to be trying to establish a relationship with Asia. I'm sure the PGA Tour is too but it doesn't seem to be as apparent.