Forums

83 americans played in the european tour qualifier

• 1146 points

shackleford had an interesting article on how the changes to q school has lead, at least in part, to a significant increase in the number of americans playing in the eurotour qualifier.

•  

I heard about that. I don't see anything wrong with it. Anything that strengthens the big tours is good in my book! In theory, this means 83 possible more spots for guys who can't afford to play in Europe to play on the web.com tour.

•  

I heard about that. I don't see anything wrong with it. Anything that strengthens the big tours is good in my book! In theory, this means 83 possible more spots for guys who can't afford to play in Europe to play on the web.com tour.

• 1146 points

no, there's nothing wrong with it at all. with the new q school feeding into the web.com tour it's a fantastic option for young players. this way they'll get to see a bit of the world and gain some invaluable experience.

• 2441 points

That's how things have shifted with the changes to the PGA Tour and the qualifying thru the WEB.COM  playoffs.

A great training ground for young guys, travel see the world and hopefully eventually get status on the US tour.