Forums

Brandel Chamblee

• 2758 points

I cannot believe all the commotion over his comments and his grade of an F he gave Tiger.

Everyone knows an F is a ludicrous for a guy who won as much as TW did.

That said TW did take a few liberties with the rules.

People just fuel Chamblee by reacting with such hysteria.

•  

He's never been a supporter, so I didn't expect anything nice!....  I'd tell BC to look at  my $7,500,000 in winnings and chew on that for an F!

•  

i have no issue with Chamblee having an opinion.  was an F too harsh?  yeah, probably.  but does anyone think tiger would grade his year above maybe a C?  what really blew me away was when tiger's agent started talking about taking legal action.  that was ridiculous.  do i think tiger intentionally cheated last year?  absolutely not.  however, after hearing some of his comments and his refusal to admit his ball moved at the BMW, at the very least, opens the door for speculation.  what really caused all this was the fact he was penalized three times after his round.  i can't think of another year when a top player was penalized post round more than once.  just a bad situation all the way around.

• 2758 points

I think if Tiger admitted it by saying yeah I screwed up it would appear he is doing this purposely but  I think it's time Brandel starts to bark up another tree.

There are so many good things about the game he could write about, he should go in that direction.

• 4928 points

BC is certainly provocative but a bit too opinionated for my tastes. That says he stirs the pot and says things that, I suspect, many people are thinking.

•  

tee2green
    I think if Tiger admitted it by saying yeah I screwed up it would appear he is doing this purposely but  I think it's time Brandel starts to bark up another tree.

There are so many good things about the game he could write about, he should go in that direction.

i agree.  but he has made a name for himself by being provocative and "negative."  i'm sure it has helped his career.  honestly, if the last few years he had just been another nice guy former golfer, do you think golf.com would ask him to grade players?  i might not agree with him, but i like that he doesn't hold back.

• 203 points

After saying TW took some liberties with the rules, here's a question to ponder.  Do you think BC ever takes any "liberties" with having such a stage as being on The Golf Channel?

• 4180 points

I dislike BC quite a bit.  Mainly because it seems his only goal is to stir the pot when it comes to Tiger (mainly).  When Tiger's not in the news he's trolling for something else.  Golf doesn't need this kind of "journalism".  Unfortunately that crud sells so he won't be going anywhere soon.

• 1550 points

BC needs to revamp his own marketing.  He is couldn't make it on the tour and frankly has little to add to the game as a commentator.  He is so negative about everything I can't see him being a positive for the game or Golf Channel.

• 1698 points

I wonder if any one else feels like me that political correctness is invading our game. Golf at high level was and I hope will remain a game of honor. The rules of golf sometimes help us and sometimes they hurt but they are the rules.

•  

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME, I HAVE TWO DISTINCT QUALITIES.  I MOST ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS (I'M NOT YELLING.....I JUST HATE THE SHIFT KEY) AND I NEVER SHY AWAY FROM COMMENTING ON TIGER WOODS.  i SUPPORT BRANDALL C.  REGARDING HIS REMARKS ABOUT TW.  IN MY OPINION HE IS SPOT ON.  AS I POSTED IN ANOTHER DISCUSSION SOME TIME AGO, TW'S CHARACTER (INFUSED INTO HIS BRAIN BY HIS FATHER) IS SUCH THAT I BELIEVE HE WILL DO ANYTHING HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH.  THE PENALTY HE INCURRED AT THE MASTERS IS PRIME EXAMPLE.  HE STATED VERY CLEARLY THAT HE DROPPED WHERE HE THOUGHT HE COULD GET AN ADVANTAGE.  I DON'T BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT HE DID NOT KNOW THE RULES.  IN THE RECENT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, HIS DROP WAS SO FAR OFF THAT IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING LEGAL.  WHY HIS PLAYING PARTNER DID NOT QUESTION THE DROP IS BEYOND ME.  MAYBE HE WAS JUST TOO INTIMIDATED BY TW TO SAY ANYTHING. THE MOST RECENT PENALTY WAS FLAGRANT AND IMO HE DID NOT THINK ANYBODY SAW THE BALL MOVE.  THEN HE ARGUES WITH THE OFFICIAL.  NO, BRANDALL IS NOT THE ISSUE.  TW IS THE ISSUE.  TW WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE GREATEST GOLFERS OF ALL TIME BUT THERE SHOULD BE AN ASTERISK BESIDE HIS NAME NOTING A HUGE CHARACTER FLAW.  HE HAS CHEATED IN HIS HOME LIFE AND IMO HE CARRYS THAT TO THE GOLF COURSE WHEN HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

• 2490 points

I am a TW fan as I believe he is exciting for the game when he is playing.  I like BC as well because he does not shy away from being critical- some would say negative- however I think he does go overboard on Tiger and like many of the players on tour he should thank Tiger for the money he is making.  The players as TW increased the interest and thus sponsorships and prize money.  BC for keeping him on GC and getting paid a pretty fair sum as an announcer.  We the fans love to hear about controversy so BC will keep doing what he does.  Oh and as their are plenty of TW haters (and lovers) out there he has one very large audience.  I will still watch and support TW and hope he gets back on the Major track next year.  

I hate to bring up the Masters drop but how many of you when you take a drop do so and try to get an advantage -- drop so ball rolls down or closer to hole so you could place it, drop so it falls on an area with a better lie etc.  Thus many may drop within the rules to get an advantage as TW stated.  Players use the rules to get an "advantage"  yet can do so within the rules.    

•  

I'll wait to see if the mishaps continue in 2014, as I'm sure he'll brush up on the rules...  I buy it because partly on what Bruce said,...... If I'm TW why the Haddes would I cheat when you know darn well the eyes n cameras of the golf world are on you.. Don't make sense..  From a TW fan!

•  

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION.  WE JUST SEE IT DIFFERENTLY

•  

BRUCE

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME, I HAVE TWO DISTINCT QUALITIES.  I MOST ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS (I'M NOT YELLING.....I JUST HATE THE SHIFT KEY) AND I NEVER SHY AWAY FROM COMMENTING ON TIGER WOODS.  i SUPPORT BRANDALL C.  REGARDING HIS REMARKS ABOUT TW.  IN MY OPINION HE IS SPOT ON.  AS I POSTED IN ANOTHER DISCUSSION SOME TIME AGO, TW'S CHARACTER (INFUSED INTO HIS BRAIN BY HIS FATHER) IS SUCH THAT I BELIEVE HE WILL DO ANYTHING HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH.  THE PENALTY HE INCURRED AT THE MASTERS IS PRIME EXAMPLE.  HE STATED VERY CLEARLY THAT HE DROPPED WHERE HE THOUGHT HE COULD GET AN ADVANTAGE.  I DON'T BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT HE DID NOT KNOW THE RULES.  IN THE RECENT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, HIS DROP WAS SO FAR OFF THAT IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING LEGAL.  WHY HIS PLAYING PARTNER DID NOT QUESTION THE DROP IS BEYOND ME.  MAYBE HE WAS JUST TOO INTIMIDATED BY TW TO SAY ANYTHING. THE MOST RECENT PENALTY WAS FLAGRANT AND IMO HE DID NOT THINK ANYBODY SAW THE BALL MOVE.  THEN HE ARGUES WITH THE OFFICIAL.  NO, BRANDALL IS NOT THE ISSUE.  TW IS THE ISSUE.  TW WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE GREATEST GOLFERS OF ALL TIME BUT THERE SHOULD BE AN ASTERISK BESIDE HIS NAME NOTING A HUGE CHARACTER FLAW.  HE HAS CHEATED IN HIS HOME LIFE AND IMO HE CARRYS THAT TO THE GOLF COURSE WHEN HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

And as a rebuttal, I will respond with my opinion. And mine is just as passionate, I just don't mind using the shift key. First I am not a Tiger fan boy, I almost never root for him. I also was not impressed with his home scandal, but just because someone cheats on his wife does not make him a cheater at everything, including his golf score. As far as the Masters drop, where you think he's trying to get an advantage, the drop was no different than anyone else would have done if they had confused what rule they were using. I am not going to argue what happened, that's been hashed and rehashed into oblivion, let's move on. At the Players, his playing partner did tell him that was where he should make his drop. It was all the analysts that were not on the ground behind Tiger that thought the drop was wrong. They were using bad camera angles and had no way of knowing if that was the right place or not. As far as the most recent penalty goes, I'm sure he never saw the ball move when he was there. You can't always see everything that happens every second, it was the slow motion HD camera that caught the ball moving. I seriously doubt Tiger is trying to cheat "when he thinks he can get away with it". And there will never be an asterisk.

By the way, in case anyone did not know, Brandel apologized to Tiger.

And that's my two cents, which is worth more than mine or any other person's "opinion". Opinions are based on knowledge that a person has, not always all the the knowledge needed for case closed decisions. Your mileage may vary. Have a nice day!