Forums

Woods considering switching to SS Putter Grip!

•  

At the Presidents Cup, I noticed today that woods is now experimenting with a Super Stroke Putter Grip.  Can you imagine if he plays/wins with it? The guys at SS must be doing cartwheels.

•  

It happened when he went to the GD AD DI shaft!!! If it helps him all the better!

•  

Here is is a pic of him experimenting

•  

It looked like the 1.0 grip which is the smallest model...

•  

Chris, could you tell if he was still rolling the swoosh blade putter?

•  

If SS pays him, I'd venture to say that he will use it today!

•  

Todd, I don't think he needs the money haha. It would bring a whole lot of marketing to SS.

•  

i heard about that.  the theory behind the grip is pretty good.  i've never used one, if for no other reason, i think they're ugly.  i also saw his strokes gained stats from last year and he was great on thursdays and fridays.  but he was bad on saturdays and horrible on sundays.  so the thought is, this grip can help when putting under pressure.  i guess time will tell.

• 2963 points

They definitely help with keeping your stroke from being too handsy........really helped my game. Of course my game needed a heck of a lot more help .

• 4345 points

I don't use a SS grip, but I do use an oversized one on my putter (www.winngrips.com/.../jumbo).

It's helped my putting quite a bit.  Mainly it keeps my hands a bit more quiet than they used to be.  I find I've stopped pushing a lot of putts right like I used to.  

With any luck as mentioned by tdogg21 it'll help keep him on line on the weekends.  Maybe it'll just have a placebo effect, but if thats all he needs, then they work for him ;)

•  

I have used a SS grip now for two years and cannot go back to standard grips! I am now gaming a FATSO ... I prefer the look of a smaller grip but I am pleased with the perforance of these larger SS grips! Go figure!

•  

Chris92009
    I have used a SS grip now for two years and cannot go back to standard grips! I am now gaming a FATSO ... I prefer the look of a smaller grip but I am pleased with the perforance of these larger SS grips! Go figure!

I just put one on my Golo and could not be happier.

•  

I had one on my previous gamer.  But the Golo 5 has the standard grip and I am draining everything.

TT

•  

I am seriously considering puting one on my Newport 2 Notchback Select when my Scotty Midsize Grip wears out (by Winn)......I love the soft feel of the Winn midsize grips......I will probably go with the smallest of SS grips which has a similiar feel of the midsize....I have large hands and the standard grip just does not get it and it helps me keep my hands soft on the club.....all my other grips are midsize Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound .....you guys make a good case for the SS grip....thanks.....cz  

•  

looks like tiger went back to the ping grip.