Forums

Penalty on TW at Conway Farms

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    This off the original did it move penalty. If the PGA hires a videographer to follow and film Tiger for it's benefitY ) ***Making money..Tiger is still the biggest draw in golf) Should Tiger have the right to say I don't want to have a videographer?

no.  he has to just deal with it.  in my mind that's the price of admission if you want to be the greatest golfer ever.  

•  

[quote user="miniwarmth"]grillionjj"[quote user="grillionjj  Let the players police themselves.

Or everyone should stop pretending that the players are actually policing themselves and just make sure that a rules official is with every player for every shot.  And that a scorekeeper keeps the official score and not a player.

Also, welcome to the FJC @Grillonji![/quote]

what do you mean?  are you saying players aren't calling penalties on themselves anymore?

• 2758 points

So it's ok to break the rules as long as no one is watching ?  I have  no pity for Tiger he also gets incredible brakes as well. Remember the boulder being deemed as "a movable object", he is also the only golfer in the history of the Masters to turn in an incorrect scorecard and not be disqualified.

• 4846 points

tdogg21
    MarkWDallasTxThis off the original did it move penalty. If the PGA hires a videographer to follow and film Tiger for it's benefitY ) ***Making money..Tiger is still the biggest draw in golf) Should Tiger have the right to say I don't want to have a videographer?

no.  he has to just deal with it.  in my mind that's the price of admission if you want to be the greatest golfer ever.

Then he should get a cut of PGA TV revenues.

• 2490 points

if it was a videographer who was to follow tiger I would agree with tdogg that it is unfair to Tiger as well as the limited number of players that get the same treatment.  Its time the tour decided to actually go with the players policing themselves as they say.  OR get a rules "monitor' to walk with every player.  

• 4925 points

tdogg21
    what do you mean?  are you saying players aren't calling penalties on themselves anymore?

Well, they rarely seem to call anything on themselves or their partner and then get caught on it later.  

The tour players, just like us hackers, ask their playing partner for a ruling. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working out so well -- certainly not for TW.