Forums

Deutsche Bank Championship

•  

I was over at the TPC on Monday locking down some final preparations for the week.  Who did I see on the putting green...Zach Johnson.  He was there nice and early getting in some practice putting.  

He asked what the greens were running at and I said I would guess about 12.  Just then the head greenskeeper came by and said "you are close, but try 13 and we are shooting to keep them at that speed.

They are usually fast, but not that fast.

Anyway, if any of you will be heading over, I will be around out tent on the 16th hole.  It is the last tent on the right hand side before the green.  Please stop by and say hello if you get a chance.

•  

Hey BB have a great week !

Would love to drop in for a visit but unfortunately it's a bit of of hike for me ... hopefully one day though.

•  

Wishful thinking on my part.....enjoy....would love to be there....I always enjoy being at tournaments.....the crowd and atmosphere....nothing like it......I enjoy working inside the ropes.......cz  : )

• 4809 points

Rolling at 13...  ouch!

•  

Now that is fast....played in a tournament recently where they were rolling 11....put lttle parachutes on my golf balls and it helped a little.....actually it rained the evening before the second day and added a little sticky to the greens.....I would not want to put on 13 greens....you have to have nerves of steel and the softest of hands.......that big grip is sure helping Phil......cz : )

• 4809 points

Phil is dialed in.

• 4809 points

Looks like there will be lots of red numbers today.

•  

See Strickler played well today.  Two more days, he could make a move.....he is not too far out........come on Steve.....cz : )

• 2756 points

Was good to see Adam grind out a 66 today to make the cut!  

• 1763 points

Ditto...Phil is hanging tough under those wet conditions.

•  

They are absolutely destroying the place... These Guys are Good !

•  

Another good day for Steve and Duf is hanging in there....can they overtake th Spaniard?  Steve is putting well and hitting it in the middle....would not surprise me to see him in the winners circle.....with these conditions they will destroy the course tomorrow and I would not be surprised to see a 62 win it....cz  : )

•  

And who put the fire under Sergio?? However, let's wait and see what happens tomorrow. He has been known to fold under the pressure and that has been his Achilles Heel. And Stricker and Dufner were going strong, so it looks like there are going to be some great scores on Monday.

•  

Those are good scores even with the ball in hand.  TV asked Stricker today if he thought the 62s and 63s were tainted because of that, and he responded that he certainly would take his 63.  He's playing well for someone who plays so infrequently on Tour.  He's got a good chance, as does the Duffman.  It will be interesting to see what tomorrow's weather brings.

• 5037 points

eagle3
    And who put the fire under Sergio?? However, let's wait and see what happens tomorrow. He has been known to fold under the pressure and that has been his Achilles Heel. And Stricker and Dufner were going strong, so it looks like there are going to be some great scores on Monday.

I agree that Sergio is ON FIRE! THe guy cannot mishit a shot and seems to put the ball where needed, when needed. Fabulous display of ball striking for sure. And I think eagle3 is on the mark looking at Strick lurking nearby. He's rolling it well and seems to be able to handle the demands of the course length. If the weather holds today (its a  a muggy and overcast start to the day with the weather gods warning of scattered showers and thunderstorms, this should be a pretty wild finishing round!