Forums

Fed Ex Playoffs - A overwhelming success

• 3023 points

There were a lot of people bashing Finchem and company at the inception of Fed Ex . There is no doubt is a huge success from a golf fan point of view. There is no way the top players wouldd be playing another3 or 4 events after the PGA if not for the Fed Ex. The tournaments are always close and  high level golf is played every event . What more could a golf fan want ??

• 4390 points

I can't really disagree with this.  I enjoy seeing meaningful golf go into the fall now!

• 5161 points

I would like to see venues spread around a bit more. I do think they PGA has finally gotten it down now.

• 819 points

Fall golf is fun to play and now it is fun to watch.

•  

From a one sided point of view, living in New England, spefically in Norton MA, I hope the event never moves.  Great way to end the summer over Labor Day weekend in Norton as the leaves start to turn.

• 3023 points

I agree with MarkwDallas...spread the the venues around although I like  the Tour Championship in Atlanta

•  

As long as they can keep a great sponsor like FEDEX, and sponsors are getting hard to come by for the tours these days, I say go with it.  I am a golf junky and I will watch it.  I retired to play and watch as much golf as I can, and volunteer for events when they are in town.  I agree also with fall golf, what a beautiful time of the year to play.  Light vest or sweater.  An enjoyable walk on the fairways.  Life is good.  cz  : )  

• 5107 points

MarkWDallasTx
    I would like to see venues spread around a bit more. I do think they PGA has finally gotten it down now.

Looks like two threads on this topic.  Would be great if moderators could just combine them before the are approved...just my .02.

Re: the Fedex, seems odd that three out of 4 are on the east coast with the lone Chicago tourney in the mix and next year that moves to Cherry Hills then Harding Park.  

I can't believe that there are no regular tour stops there any more.

•  

miniwarmth
    MarkWDallasTxI would like to see venues spread around a bit more. I do think they PGA has finally gotten it down now.

Looks like two threads on this topic.  Would be great if moderators could just combine them before the are approved...just my .02.

Re: the Fedex, seems odd that three out of 4 are on the east coast with the lone Chicago tourney in the mix and next year that moves to Cherry Hills then Harding Park.  

I can't believe that there are no regular tour stops there any more.

I would If I could, I do not believe our currently platform allows for a merged thread, split yes.

•  

This year will be even more interesting as the points start to accumulate after the Tour Championship for the following year.  And, with the PGA TOUR qualifying process through Web.com, the fall season will be not be "silly season" anymore.

• 3023 points

Envious of CZ ........Hopefully when my retirement  comes I will be able to do the same .

What was amazing is that during the recent recession the PGA TOUR was able to renew major sponsors as well as ink some new sponsors to fairly lenghty  deals to boot

Just shows what corporate america thinks of the value golf and the PGA brand.

• 3545 points

I like the idea of the playoffs...it seems to keep some of the Tour "Stars" playing in more events and later into the season.