Forums

Jordan Spieth- Has to be a President's cup pick

•  

I would enjoy seeing him on the team...he definitely has earned a spot on the team in my mind!!

•  

What has Haas done this year.. Id like to see points taken from within one year and not two!

•  

Wait, is he not in the top 25 already? is that due to him officially joining the tour late?

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Plus, get him a little experience and he will be ready for Gleneagles in 2014!

i agree.  i don't want to take anything away from the president's cup, but i would rather see him get some experience in team competition before the Ryder Cup.

•  

he is currently 28th.  considering he has done all of this in essentially one year without full status, it's hard to argue he's not one of the hottest golfers right now.

•  

I wish the Captains would really look at who is hot and who is not......if someone is on a roll......let's take advantage of a positive situation.....like in basketball, get the ball to the man that is hot.....but what do I know.....cz  : )

• 2720 points

With all the veterans like TW, Phil and Stricks heading towards their back nine It's the perfect time to start planting seeds for Ryder cup teams for the next decade.

Keegan , Brandt , Hunter, Webb, Duff, Kuchar maybe even Billy Haas will be fixtures. Phil til he retire's will be a  pick or there on points, same for TW. . Striker is cutting way back, Furyk is too inconsistent and stale in terms of the team events.

Guy's like Billy Horschel and Jordan are playing well and will be, IMO  good enough to help this year's team win and adding them can only be a plus for every US team in years to come.

• 2720 points

TNT009
    What has Haas done this year.. Id like to see points taken from within one year and not two!

He has won once and has a number of Top 10/20 Finishes.

• 4177 points

The problem with picking the "hot right now" guy is that come actual competition time they might be on a cold streak.  I'm a fan of the extended points accruals.  Better judge of long term consistency (at least hopefully).

•  

etakmit
    The problem with picking the "hot right now" guy is that come actual competition time they might be on a cold streak.  I'm a fan of the extended points accruals.  Better judge of long term consistency (at least hopefully).

i like that they judge for two years so you get a good judge of who is a solid player, but it should be weighted much more towards current year and even the last few tourneys.  if you have a lights-out year and then a bad year, you could still make the team.  but unfortunately, since they use OWGR, that can't happen.

• 3539 points

He is playing well right now... and he definitely deserves a look.

•  

Shoots 62 and finishes 4th at his second playoff event !!!  This kid isn't just a contender for the Presidents Cup. He will be a contender for the Masters, next year big time. this kid can putt.

•  

FASCINATING! #22 with a bullet ... would be great pick as definitely in form but It would mean discarding either Simpson or D Johnson and also overlooking some other solid performers though so will be a tough call for Couples.

Think it's a great chance for the US to introduce some new blood but think he'll be overlooked this time, but not for want of trying.  

•  

I read an article online this morning that Fred beats a different drum from previous captains.  Fred will be Fred and will not necessarily choose friends or choose to please......  Meaning who will he choose?  Maybe he wil get away from tradition, do the right thing (as the community sees it) and take Jordan......cz : )

•  

i think Spieth's play at the DB should earn him a pick for sure!