Forums

Faldo

•  

Can Nick Faldo either have a private conversation with Rory regarding his expierences and what he thinks he should do or quit talking about it.

I am tired of Faldo airing his opinions about Rory.

Let the kid play and make his own mistakes.

•  

That is his job, just like Johnny Miller calling out the Americans when they screw up.

I agree he should leave Rors alone. but he won't

• 819 points

I agree.  I think Faldo has good intentions, but it might actually encourage Rory more if the conversation was private.  Right now it just seems like an outright attack that is making Rory defensive and distracting him in its own right.

•  

well.....in all honesty, that's what faldo gets paid to do.  i think he might be a little hard on Rory, but he makes good points.  Rory hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately.

• 4670 points

Yeah as a public figure/announcer it's his job to answer questions like "whats rory's problem or whats tiger's problem".

That's how he gets paid.  However it wouldn't hurt to sit down with Rory separately and have a conversation.

•  

I think Faldo just doesn't want another UK golf player with Sir title.

•  

Faldo talks too much nonsense. I know he's commentator but he doesn't shut up. I hate when he's on the air and usually turn down the commentary.  

He was a great player and but was pretty critical of commentators/media when they got too into his game.  He really needs to act like an "elder" and provide guidance but not so openly.

•  

I do agree with Faldo. If he has the relationship he claims to have with Rory this should have been a private conversation.

Rory is paying what he believes to be the best and brightest to help him make sound decisions.

Faldo is behaving like he has a Bully Pulpit.

•  

Someone needs to call him out.  I can remember lots of threads about Rory last year and early this year calling him out. Everything from girl friend to equipment change.  We all voiced our displeasure with him leaving Titleist and FootJoy.   Faldo just has  a bigger stage.

•  

Talk about how Rory preps...fire a 79-78. Faldo needs to worry a little more about his own golf game before he starts running his mouth about the #2 ranked player in the world. Is Rory playing well? Of course not, but Faldo needs to worry about himself. Keep your mouth shut if you are grinding to break 80.

•  

Whaql1
    Talk about how Rory preps...fire a 79-78. Faldo needs to worry a little more about his own golf game before he starts running his mouth about the #2 ranked player in the world. Is Rory playing well? Of course not, but Faldo needs to worry about himself. Keep your mouth shut if you are grinding to break 80.

in Faldo's defense on this one, he only played because of the location.  he hardly plays much now and almost never plays competitive golf.  so the fact that he dusted off the clubs and walked out there and shot almost the same as Rory shows that Rory should probably focus more on his game.  Rory went for the money and left what got him where he's at.  doesn't mean he can't get back with his new equipment, but he's going to have to work a lot harder than he did last year.  he can't expect to keep doing what he did last year and expect things to be the same.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I do agree with Faldo. If he has the relationship he claims to have with Rory this should have been a private conversation.

Rory is paying what he believes to be the best and brightest to help him make sound decisions.

Faldo is behaving like he has a Bully Pulpit.

i don't know.....the fact that Rory has been changing equipment a few times mid-season makes me think he might not believe his decisions have been the best or brightest the past 6-8 months.