Forums

WTG Jordan Speith!

•  

Jordan is a nice young man that it's been my pleasure to know since he was 10 years old. He took a risk going  out to the tour on sponsors exemptions, relying on his work ethic, temperament and skill. Today, his risk  paid off wearing his Footjoy Contour Casual shoes. Congratulations Jordan!

•  

Wonder if he dreamt that he would be a millionaire in 2013?

I know it's not about the money but he must be thinking this is Christmas.

•  

fredcloss
    Jordan is a nice young man that it's been my pleasure to know since he was 10 years old. He took a risk going  out to the tour on sponsors exemptions, relying on his work ethic, temperament and skill. Today, his risk  paid off wearing his Footjoy Contour Casual shoes. Congratulations Jordan!

i think it's awesome to see someone go out and earn his card the hard way.  it makes it a little more interesting to watch and follow.

• 5483 points

It is impressive to see these young guys come out and be competitive immediately. Says a lot about the junior programs.

•  

Darnit...has Jordan switched to UA shoes? I am depressed and would like to find out what happened. Something tells me UA wrote him a sizeable check.

• 636 points

I'm a big fan of the kid. Once he figures out how to avoid the "blow up" round, the Ws are going to start piling up for him. He seems like a nice young man. Very good for the sport.

• 719 points

I agree with Shank46. Spieth has some talent, is usually near the top of the leader board for the first 54 holes, but then has the "blow up" which puts him out of contention. Always courteous during interviews and has loads of talent.

•  

He has done a great job at such a young age so far and seems very grounded.  He consistently seems to be in the mix or at least close to it on Sunday.  It's unfortunate he jumped from FJ to UA but I guess it's business and probably a lot of $$$ involved.  Wish the best to Jordan!

• 3100 points

He is 20 yrs old playing a bunch of courses for the first time, every event is a learning experience for the young man, both on the course and between the ears.

He will have a long career and no doubt will be one of the best in the world for quite some time.