Forums

Hard day for Bubba...

•  

Should have been long on 16th not short. Played well this week hopefully trending upwards for the Open.

• 4670 points

Agreed.  He also apparently *** up at his caddy a few times on that hole

www.golfchannel.com/.../what-we-learned-travelers-2013-blame-game

IMO - as a pro you have the same information your caddy does about distances, elevations, etc - you should have a great feeling for what club to pull.  At that point in the game (considering its also your fourth day in a row playing that hole) the only real question becomes wind direction/speed.

I'm pretty sure Bubba just couldn't believe he threw the tournament away and was venting at someone other than himself.

•  

Needs to quit whining and complaining to caddie, man up Bubba!

(Keep wear in FJ!)

•  

He should change to Titleist clubs.

•  

+1 !

•  

I hate it when players get on their caddies. They are lucky to have any assistance at all when they are in a tournament.  I like Bubba as a golfer, but that wasn't cool.

•  

This scene was very unprofessional and immature. You just don't do this stuff at all. As a player, you are responsible that when you pull a club and hit a shot it's all on you to execute.

Obviously for Bubba this was a major one of those ADD moments.

• 2756 points

Bubba is like a spoiled 8 year old kid with a temper.  I've been on the fence about him for years.  Loved his "bring the noise" attitude at the Ryder Cup, who can forget the wedge at Augusta...but this pushes me to the other side.  To much negativity for me.

•  

Just an example of how he wears his emotions on his sleeve....

•  

I would not want to have minute by minute scrutiny while on the course.

•  

Ryan Atkins
    Bubba is like a spoiled 8 year old kid with a temper.  I've been on the fence about him for years.  Loved his "bring the noise" attitude at the Ryder Cup, who can forget the wedge at Augusta...but this pushes me to the other side.  To much negativity for me.

Agreed. I'm not sold on his happy go lucky, fun lovin' attitude. He used to have major anger issues, and played horribly. I hope he doesn't go back to that. I enjoy watching the guys who are just out there having fun.

•  

This game brings the worst out of many of us even when we try our best to keep our cool. I believe Bubba is a passionate guy but sometimes passion can come out negatively and in a moments notice. I see it all the time when I am coaching, players with the best attitudes can turn to bad in a single shot.

• 5663 points

Bobby Jones did not become the Bobby Jones or lore and legend until he learned to keep his temper. Bubba needs to GROW UP. Blaming his on course support, his caddy for his poor shot execution is immaturity at its height..

•  

joshgiano
    Ryan AtkinsBubba is like a spoiled 8 year old kid with a temper.  I've been on the fence about him for years.  Loved his "bring the noise" attitude at the Ryder Cup, who can forget the wedge at Augusta...but this pushes me to the other side.  To much negativity for me.

Agreed. I'm not sold on his happy go lucky, fun lovin' attitude. He used to have major anger issues, and played horribly. I hope he doesn't go back to that. I enjoy watching the guys who are just out there having fun.

i'm with you guys.  his fun-loving attitude just doesn't seem to mesh with his past.  makes me wonder how truthful he is and how much he does just to be able to put it on twitter.  for example, would he be a golf boy if they had decided to make the video but never show anyone?