Forums

IF YOU THINK MERION WAS TOUGH ...

•  

Know I'm going a bit early but if you think Merion was tough wait until 2014 at Pinehurst.

it will be B R U T A L.

•  

Just saw some pics of the 2015 host course Chambers Bay.

WOW! Looks incredible ... talk about chalk and cheese.

God help 'em if they have that US Open rough and the wind blows .... !!!

• 347 points

Pinehurst and Chambers Bay will be amazing US Open venues. Mike Davis said yesterday that Pinehurst will have little to no rough so those "crown" shaped greens are going to be crazy!

•  

The defining feature at Pinehurst are the greens. With no rough, expect the tees to be way back in the woods and the greens to be rolling like concrete.

But there is a long way between now and then.....

• 2756 points

Really looking forward to next years event.  Pinehurst is so beautiful, it will be a great test and wonderful track.

•  

I can hear the whining now from the pros, especially if Pinehurst is dry n hot!

• 347 points

May be a long time between then and now but that is not stopping me from being excited about it!

• 3688 points

I fully expect players to get eaten alive by the greens at Pinehurst.  As mentioned with no rough they won't have the issues they had at Merion, but keeping something on the green will be a test!

•  

Pinehurst greens will be like trying to land a shot on a parking lot and putt in your bathtub!

•  

no rough could make Pinehurst harder.  you'll see a lot of guys spin the ball off the front of the green.

•  

Best learn the bump n run, I fully expect a Euro to win this!

• 1344 points

Can't wait for Pinehurtst, hope to attend a few day's of it!

•  

Play to the middle of the green and putt to the corners, advice for all Donald Ross courses.  You will see so many good shots rolling down and off greens into the swales that surround them.

• 1466 points

Just played Pinehurst #2 and it is one of the hardest courses I have ever played from the tips and they have built a new teebox on so many holes! Our caddy who will be caddying for someone during the open said that there is less than 40% of the green that you can hit and the ball will stay on!

• 1466 points

Best 81 that I have ever shot in my life!