Billy Horschel wearing the Octopus pants!

What do you think ? Should our national champion, if he wins, wear octopus pants ?

What is that all about?

Certainly different and can't say I was a big fan.

i didn't like it and I don't know why he wore them

• 3569 points

I like better have game or a good since of humor to pull it off but, he definitely has the personality to do it.  

• 2781 points

If you got the game to back up wearing pants like that I say go for it!  haha  While we were watching I asked my wife if I should get a pair and of course she said no haha

Just as long as there are no tentacles showing

When I first turned on the coverage and saw his pants my initial thought was " that looks like an octopus" but then though no, must just be some weird pattern.

Not sure if there is a story behind it all, if so hope to hear it one day.

Interesting to say the least!

• 2095 points

Not many that can pull it off, but he does well.   If thats possible....

• 347 points

Didn't I hear someone say sometime that golf is "a game for men who wear funny pants?"

• 2756 points

I have them in shorts...they're from RLX.  They also sold them in the merch tent at Merion.  The shorts are a bit much...the pants even more so.  I bought them to lounge around the pool/house post round.  

Hard for me to fathom (nice ocean reference eh?) that Ralph Lauren would do such a thing. For such an icon of fashion, once who typifies the classical fabrics and looks, to allow something such as this.... It's crazy. And I am just simply not a fan in any way. Sure he made a statement, but I think it's off the mark and a Major miss. a "Shank-O-Potamus if you will.

As I said in a different post, these trousers make Loud Mouth look normal.

I would wear the shorts while playing on vacation. They look like they would make my daugther shake her head and smile. "Daddy's got fashion".

I'd be OK with shorts.  Pants?  Not so much.  I do like that he didn't mind wearing them, but they don't do anything for me and I'm all for wearing "different" clothing patterns.

• 649 points

They were unfortunate to say the least.