Forums

Cameron headcovers

•  

You guys just need a larger selection of headcovers to pick from! I would guess that I use as many as 15 different cover throughout the year.

•  

i haven't had any covers fail yet, i just prefer the magnets over the velcro.

• 1628 points

I need a new Golo cover! I think they dropped the ball this year on these.

•  

tdogg21
    MarkWDallasTxThe one thing I don't like about my Scotty headcover..after 2 years the velcro is worn out. Mine falls off once or twice a round. Most of my buddies have gone for non OEM head covers.

yeah.....i hate that as well.  this winter i'm going to look into different ways to convert my covers to magnetic.  just have to find the perfect size and strength magnet.

On TCC I saw a cool thing-

Get a strip of Velcro and some magnets (the six pack from any office supply store was recommended)

Just take the magnet and sandwich it with the existing Velcro and the corresponding side of the new Velcro.  Do it on both sides with the correct (+/-) magnets and you're done.  No sewing.  I have not done this because I follow Rick's advise and rotate covers like crazy.  I have yet to wear out velcro.  

•  

joshgiano
    tdogg21MarkWDallasTxThe one thing I don't like about my Scotty headcover..after 2 years the velcro is worn out. Mine falls off once or twice a round. Most of my buddies have gone for non OEM head covers.

yeah.....i hate that as well.  this winter i'm going to look into different ways to convert my covers to magnetic.  just have to find the perfect size and strength magnet.

On TCC I saw a cool thing-

Get a strip of Velcro and some magnets (the six pack from any office supply store was recommended)

Just take the magnet and sandwich it with the existing Velcro and the corresponding side of the new Velcro.  Do it on both sides with the correct (+/-) magnets and you're done.  No sewing.  I have not done this because I follow Rick's advise and rotate covers like crazy.  I have yet to wear out velcro.

that's sort of what i was thinking.  i was hoping to find some small but strong magnets and sewing them in between a piece of velcro and cloth.  same basic concept as you described, but i'm hoping a little more durable.

i haven't worn any velcro out yet, but like i said, i just prefer the magnets.

•  

I love the rippppppppp sound.  It just says's I'm totally gonna drain this.

• 4203 points

I tried Duck tape but that plan had flaws...

• 324 points

MarkW...try Duct tape...kwack, kwack!!!

•  

Holiday releaase.....

• 704 points

Those are sick! Are they already sold out?

•  

I am digging the color scheme there, Rick. Amazing the cool ideas they come up with.

•  

Checked email at 7:20 PM, Thur. and the "holiday head cover" is still available. I've only been a member of CC for a few years now, but I can't remember this before. Has anyone else seen this before?

•  

wow....that looks even better than on the website.  i might have reconsider my decision to not get one.

•  

Last years holiday covers did not sell out until after they were made available to the public.

•  

I game any that I buy.  Not so much a collector as a proud Cameron owner.  Love to display his works.

TT