Forums

Cameron headcovers

•  

Would love to pick up an OU or OSU Cameron headcover, but doesn't sound like it will be possible.

And the prices are ridiculous for someone that actually wants to use it for the intended purpose. 

•  

I can assure you 100% the UK cover which is pictured, which is mine by the way, is real.  UK's golf team has a close relationship with Titleist and Scotty Cameron.  Most of the guys on the team play a Scotty and use that headcover.  Scotty has also done covers for a couple of other college teams and individual players.  Also Titleist will make special event headcovers from time to time with college logos with written permission and approval from the school, I am working with a University as we speak on getting this done for their school.  Next time you write Scotty tell him I said hi :)

Nickpoz... Very impressive. You are one lucky guy. I know Scotty makes stuff for the extra special folks out there, including universities, but in a very limited way. Since J.B. Holmes is in the Titleist family and went to UK it should be no surprise. It's also why I am so surprised that he never made a UNC one for DL III.

Soooooo, since you are so close to THE MAN, how about seeing if you can find a way to get me a Tar Heel cover? UNC and Johnny Cake, Director of Golf at the Finley Course has ties to Titleist.

As an FYI, I currently have and use the Custom Shop cover pictured on the right with the Turbo Blue dot pattern. But that's just not the proper shade of blue for we Tar Heels.

One last thing. I am really glad to know that the cover was real. I have a couple guys I play with here that have gotten burned on E-Bay buying Scotty knock-offs. Congratulations on your key product!

•  

Hey briansaylor....

Jealous? Not me sir. Nothing to be jealous of really...

I'm glad to know through NickPoz that there are some neat (legit) covers out there that can be accessed and might include a university logo opportunity. It's all about who you know, right?

As I can see, there is a little hoops contest on Saturday December 5 in Lexington. Seems the regining Men's National Basketball Champions from North Carolina come into Rupp Arena and play some team from UK. If my crystal ball is accurate, UNC has won the last 4 consecutive matches against UK. It will be really interesting since UK's new "One and Done", John Wall, is from Raleigh and was sent packing by both Duke and UNC. This means he'll be motivated to play well. But......

My money is still on UNC. I love the college hoop season.... 

•  

Hey Nick, not sure if this was answered or asked, but do you have ties to UK?  Did you go to school there or did you just like/want the cover?  Just curious to find out why you grabbed it or is it because it's very limited and a nice piece for the collection?

•  

We will definitely see Tar Heel. I don't mind the one and done guys. Cause they have to have four year guys like pre-season all-American Patrick Patterson to help them win. But I can't wait for that game. It will be an instant classic I think. I could go on and on, but this isn't the forum for that haha.

So what putters does everyone have? We've talked a lot about the headcovers (which are great), but what great putters does everyone have? I just started collecting, so I only have a couple. I have a Bullseye Blade and just bought a Studio Select 2.6. I use that all the time and love it.

•  

EMKelly0106

Hey Nick, not sure if this was answered or asked, but do you have ties to UK?  Did you go to school there or did you just like/want the cover?  Just curious to find out why you grabbed it or is it because it's very limited and a nice piece for the collection?

I have ties to the team and the coaches.  Outside of the team members I know of only 1 or 2 others that are out there.

•  

briansaylor

We will definitely see Tar Heel. I don't mind the one and done guys. Cause they have to have four year guys like pre-season all-American Patrick Patterson to help them win. But I can't wait for that game. It will be an instant classic I think. I could go on and on, but this isn't the forum for that haha.

So what putters does everyone have? We've talked a lot about the headcovers (which are great), but what great putters does everyone have? I just started collecting, so I only have a couple. I have a Bullseye Blade and just bought a Studio Select 2.6. I use that all the time and love it.

What putters do I have? :)  I have about 30 or so Camerons but my main gamer is a Buttonback that has the Cameron Fujikura Speeder shaft in it, super soft.  My 2 other favorites are

http://www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registrysearch.asp?registry=A010074

http://www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registrysearch.asp?registry=A013614

•  

Stay tuned my friend! Basketball season is here...

As for my Scotty putters, I have 2; the Studio Stainless Newport 2.0 and a Studio Design 5.0. The 5.0 is my "gamer" and the one that I have sent into the shop to be tricked up. Personally, I'm not a collector because I love to use the things too much.

Good luck on your searches for Scotty items

•  

Does anyone have an suggestions on where to find a Scotty putter second hand? Would love to game one as I have triedd them and love the feel, but the entry fee for a new one is a hard one to swallow.

Shaun

•  

I got both of mine pre-owned. One I was lucky and a guy at my course was just getting rid of it so I got it very cheap. But my bullseye that I have I got at Golf Galaxy. They usually have a pretty good selection of pre-owned putters. I've heard stories of people getting lucky and getting them at yard sales and craigslist cheap but I've never found them. Good luck finding them though.

•  

shaun, if it helps you justify it in your mind, think of it like you would be buying a driver.  I've talked to people who think it's dumb to spend $300.00 on a putter when they have a $500.00 shaft in their driver.  Putter is the most important club in the bag IMO, so I will spend the money if it's what I need.  Fortunately, I snagged a SC GSS putter awhile back that I really love and haven't had to think about replacing.

As for a way to grab on second hand, ebay is an option, I would just post pictures here or at golfwrx.com before you buy so you can get a better idea if they are legit or not.  Also, on golfwrx.com they have a "for sale" forum and SC putters pop up all the time.  Usually selling for around $200.00.  Another option would be either pawn shops or a "Play It Again Sports" type store where they regularly deal with trades and used clubs.

•  

shaun13

Does anyone have an suggestions on where to find a Scotty putter second hand? Would love to game one as I have triedd them and love the feel, but the entry fee for a new one is a hard one to swallow.

Shaun

Ebay is an option but there are a ton of fakes out there right now with the Studio Select line.  You can also try cameroncollector.com , we have a large classifieds area over there.  I would avoid craigslist, lots of fakes and scammers there as well

•  

hey shawn, i was up at golf galaxy the other day and they had 3 used camerons. one was a nice center shaft red x and i think they had $105 on it. I know a lot of them up there but usually they work with you too. I don't know if you have a golf galaxy near you, but its worth a try.

•  

briansaylor

hey shawn, i was up at golf galaxy the other day and they had 3 used camerons. one was a nice center shaft red x and i think they had $105 on it. I know a lot of them up there but usually they work with you too. I don't know if you have a golf galaxy near you, but its worth a try.

I've been playing the center-shafted Red-X for 3-4 years. I love it. I used to travel every week as an IT consultant and would always seek out the golf super stores for killing time after dinner. I putted in-store with that putter off & on for a long time until I bartered some golf software for it, among other golf equipment I desired.

•  

shaun13

Shaun

My son acquired this Newport 2.5 from a guy at our club, headcover included for $75. He's putting really well with it.

So much of that is about confidence and just liking the putter you're looking down at. Don't you agree?