Forums

BOA's On PGA Tour ... another sighting

•  

It seems some people question the viability or look of BOA Shoes occaisionally on this site.  I noticed yesterday at Crowne Plaza PGA Tour (at Colonial) that Omar Uresti is wearing a new pair of FJ ICON Sport with BOA!  Seems like it may be more and more catching on with the tour guys!  Omar was also dressed up in his University of Texas Colors which was fun to see!  If you have not tried the BOA Lacing system in FJ Shoes, give it a shot...I am now wearing only BOA Shoes across the board.

•  

Love the theory behind the BOA and I'm all for no more laces ... ever but just can't get around the nob at the back.

Maybe if they can somehow streamline or reposition that I'd look at it further.

•  

CROCMAN
    Love the theory behind the BOA and I'm all for no more laces ... ever but just can't get around the nob at the back.

Maybe if they can somehow streamline or reposition that I'd look at it further.

It's position is part of what makes it so great, being on the heel of the shoe allows the system to pull your foot down into the shoe for the most secure fit.  Also, how often do you look at your heels when playing? Just saying!

• 3700 points

Yeah for me its purely looks.  I love my BOA on my snowboard boots.

I just can't mentally get over the fact that its on my heel (much like the rest of golf - its all in my head) - I may still have to try some :)

•  

i looked into BOA laces when i got my last pair of snowboard boots.  for all of the great things it has, i couldn't past what i would do if a lace broke when i was at the top of the mountain.  with golf, that's not as big of a deal.  and i know they are very durable, but for me it was just all in my head.

•  

i looked into BOA laces when i got my last pair of snowboard boots.  for all of the great things it has, i couldn't past what i would do if a lace broke when i was at the top of the mountain.  with golf, that's not as big of a deal.  and i know they are very durable, but for me it was just all in my head.

Devin_Gmitter
    CROCMANLove the theory behind the BOA and I'm all for no more laces ... ever but just can't get around the nob at the back.

Maybe if they can somehow streamline or reposition that I'd look at it further.  It's position is part of what makes it so great, being on the heel of the shoe allows the system to pull your foot down into the shoe for the most secure fit.  Also, how often do you look at your heels when playing? Just saying!

i agree with you, but one of the reasons i wear FJ Icons is because they look so good.  i think the knob on the back takes a little away from the look.  so the question becomes, is the a little being taken away from the look worth the added benefits?

•  

I agree!  I do not think I have ever had a playing partner make a comment about the knob nor anyone else for that matter!  Usually your pants cover them during colder months...the fit though is incredible and worth it!

•  

Great they are appearing on Tour. The technology of the shoe is what makes the actual style....The knob is really not noticeable.

•  

The knob at the back is alright!

I think the best looking M Projects are with the BOA lacing system.  ICON SPORT BOA is another.

After putting on my first BOA, I had no escape, (pun intended) I wanted to be in it all the time on a golf course.  Now with the M Projects with BOA, I think the shoe was made to have BOA on it.  It is just soooo sporty!

•  

Hope to see more BOA on tour!

• 2394 points

I am hoping to give BOA a try if I get lucky enough to win the Sport contest -- all entries for this were for the BOA style.  

Chris92009
    It seems some people question the viability or look of BOA Shoes occaisionally on this site.  I noticed yesterday at Crowne Plaza PGA Tour (at Colonial) that Omar Uresti is wearing a new pair of FJ ICON Sport with BOA!  Seems like it may be more and more catching on with the tour guys!  Omar was also dressed up in his University of Texas Colors which was fun to see!  If you have not tried the BOA Lacing system in FJ Shoes, give it a shot...I am now wearing only BOA Shoes across the board.

• 1466 points

Don't know if I could ever go with the look, I espicially love the look of my new icons, so classic

•  

That's the real beauty of FJ. Such a great range and something for everyone!

•  

Few people realize Boris Karloff invented the BOA. Gee I wonder where he came up with the idea for the knobs.

• 1628 points

I saw Charlie Hoffman wearing BOA's at the Barclays