Forums

VOLVO WORLD MATCHPAY IN BULGARIA

•  

This week the European Tour heads to Bulgaria for the first time for the Volvo World Matchplay.

Great name for a golf course ... Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort and looks like a pretty spectacular Gary Player designed course.

Interesting tournament, format and field.

Hoping for a Rumford win for three in a row but Poulter is probably the man to beat as he just loves matchpay.

•  

watched a little this morning while i ate breakfast.  really nice looking course.  and Poulter was already 2 up after 3.  he's a beast in match play!

•  

Poulter lost his match.

The views from this course are amazing (mountain and sea).

•  

Wild view, Luso.  Sounds like an interesting course.  I'll try to catch some of the coverage over the next few days.

•  

This pic of the course is pretty cool!

• 4565 points

Wow those are some spectacular views!!  I'd love it if Rumford kept the winning streak alive.  So far so good!

•  

What a pleasure to watch, and I must say the course and the game of golf take center stage.   Not the talking heads that have to be on camera every 15 seconds and talk over the roll of every putt and every 30 feet in the air on every shot.    I really enjoy the Euro Tour coverage.  Less is more!!!

•  

G-Mac prevailed and ended up winning the tournament comfortably.

Shot the lights out in the morning semi-final -8 without a bogey and then struggled a bit in the afternoon final against Jaidee, made some great/crucial putts to stay out of trouble and then capitalised on his opponents mistakes.

NO bogeys though in both rounds so that's pretty good golf.a

Watched the coverage (rather than the highlights) and this course is dead set spectacular with 8 ocean edge holes and in MacDowell's own words it was like "Pebble Beach on steroids".

Hope we get to see it again sometime in the future.

•  

I agree Crocman, great to watch golf on this spectacular course.  Hope to see more of it.   GMac was steady and  putted well.