Forums

Tour dress standards

•  

And that good sir, is why I ONLY wear products for golf by 2 brands; FJ and IJP Design......

•  

Roger Maltbie anyone

• 3539 points

tdogg21

i'm prefer a traditional look, but i'm fine with some of the new looks.  companies are trying to get younger people involved.  and that's good for all of us.  some of it i look at and like and some i look at and think it looks horrible.  but if a bright colored shirt and flat-brimmed hat brings more people to the game, than that's fine in my book.  i'm more interested in how someone behaves on the course than what they wear.

Well Said!!!

• 1466 points

Memphis you just summed it up prefectly, Fowler always has his act together and although it may be out there he has quite a following and even though I am not a fan looks nice. Similarly Poulter wear some "different" clothes but always look clean in a way. He also no longer has the spiked up hair which I think looks better. It is players who are wearing polka dot pants and other absurd outfits that just look unprofessional!

•  

Would be interesting to know whether they look back to what they were wearing and cringe!

Fair enough if it was 5,10.20 years ago and pastels / checks were all the rage back then or whatever ... but some of them would surely cringe week to week.

• 2420 points

The thing Ihave problems with is some of the guys are starting to look like NASCAR  race cars with all the sponser label's on them. I could see a couple sponsors on the shirt sleeve or on the hat but some guys have like 4 or 5 labels all over themselves.

• 2420 points

The thing Ihave problems with is some of the guys are starting to look like NASCAR  race cars with all the sponser label's on them. I could see a couple sponsors on the shirt sleeve or on the hat but some guys have like 4 or 5 labels all over themselves.

• 4617 points

There is no accounting for the perceptions of what will sell - and that is the name of the game of paying players to wear clothing..Like car designers, the occasional flop is inevitable..What always leaves me scratching my head is the fact that some of these "designs" make it past review before going into production.. The target demographic for some of these circus outfits is?????

• 4617 points

There is no accounting for the perceptions of what will sell - and that is the name of the game of paying players to wear clothing..Like car designers, the occasional flop is inevitable..What always leaves me scratching my head is the fact that some of these "designs" make it past review before going into production.. The target demographic for some of these circus outfits is?????

•  

More concerned about the LPGA, they need a set of standards! Shorts with their cheeks hanging out, cmon, but Ill still look!

•  

Fashion, ever evolving. Distinctive and habitual trends. They come and go but the classics remain.  Yet money is driving factor to what's on a players back....

www.golf.com/.../how-look-player

•  

TNT009
    More concerned about the LPGA, they need a set of standards! Shorts with their cheeks hanging out, cmon, but Ill still look!

Not too many *** cheeks to be seen in this collection of photos.....However, LPGA dress code rules are hard to find !

bleacherreport.com/.../814894-lpga-the-18-best-dressed-ladies-on-the-tour

• 757 points

i can't believe the shameless promotion of Taylormade right now.  R1 shirts and pants!  They had the driver model right on the shirt and pants.  I think they look awful and can''t stand they they make multiple players wearing the same exact clothing each day, bad idea!

•  

Tar Heel
    And that good sir, is why I ONLY wear products for golf by 2 brands; FJ and IJP Design......

Says it all right there my friend, 2 best brands in the biz!

• 1427 points

I am very conservative with my attire and don't like what half the guys are wearing.  I thought it was bad when Duffy and *** sported some of that stuff 20 years ago but that was tame compared to what we are seeing right now.