Forums

Who is best golfer on PGA Tour without a major under his belt?

•  

I have to go with steve Stricker on this one. He is also the best putter on Tour, with or without a Major.

•  

Stricker would be my pick. Hopefully he can win a major soon.

•  

I REALLY THINK GARCIA AND SCOTT ARE PLAYING GOOD ENOUGH RIGHT NOW TO WIN ONE THIS YEAR. THEY ARE CERTAINLY BOTH OVERDUE

• 2781 points

If Stricker  keeps playing as good as he is I think he will break through this year.  I am really surprised that a player as good as Luke Donald hasn't broken through yet.

•  

Donald without a doubt.

• 5351 points

The best are the guys who have painfully close - There are a lot of good golfers who haven't won one, but for me Dufner and Adam Scott lead the list. Both were THERE, tasting the chamagne, hoisting the trophy, drinking in the glory until...pffft!

•  

pistolpete
    The best are the guys who have painfully close - There are a lot of good golfers who haven't won one, but for me Dufner and Adam Scott lead the list. Both were THERE, tasting the chamagne, hoisting the trophy, drinking in the glory until...pffft!

Don't forget Sergio at the British Open a few years ago.

• 5351 points

golferdrmjr
    pistolpeteThe best are the guys who have painfully close - There are a lot of good golfers who haven't won one, but for me Dufner and Adam Scott lead the list. Both were THERE, tasting the chamagne, hoisting the trophy, drinking in the glory until...pffft!Don't forget Sergio at the British Open a few years ago.

Good point -- And Sergio has been playing better lately though his dance with the flat stick is sometimes very painful to watch...Of Dufner, Garcia, and Scott, I am thinking Dufner could be the first to wear the mantle of major champion...

• 787 points

DJ, SS, and LUUUUUUKE

• 1553 points

Westwood for sure although with his move to the U.S. I think his game will grow quickly and we will see a major.  Like many other greats Stricker will have to step it up as his chances are diminishing by the day.  Luke Donald has plenty of time and plenty of game and will get it eventually.  I don't think the others are even fair to talk about because they are still so young.  They get to 35 and still no win, then let's talk.

•  

I think for Garcia and Scott are at the top of the list.  Both are super talented and have been knocking on the door since they were really young.  If they were just average putters, they would have already won a few.  Would like to see them both get one.

• 580 points

I think Westwood tops the list simply because he's contended for so many years.

I do not think he's the "best", but for simple longevity...Westwood

Is my pick

•  

I'd like to pick LDonald as best.

• 3548 points

I'll vote for Steve Stricker. There are several players that come to mind...Donald Westwood, DJ but, its hard to look past Stricker.

• 3852 points

I'd like to see Sergio hold it together for a week. He's got a  lot of talent but needs the mental game of Tiger Woods. Luke Donald is the most consistent [layer who hasn't won a major.  Adam Scott will win one when his stars line up. Stricker lives through Tiger and just doesn't have the ferocity to win a major. And Dustin Johnson is not smart enough in course management to win one. His picture pops up when you look up the definition of "all brawn and no brain."