Forums

WGC at Doral

•  

This should be an exciting weekend of golf. Who ya got?

Have any of you ever played Doral?

•  

nope but i have bubba winning

•  

I have not played there, but attended the tournament a few years back. IT is definitely on my list to play if I ever get back down that way again.

• 2706 points

I played in a pro-am there many years ago.   During the tourney lightening was visible many miles out in the ocean(probably 20 miles),and the pros who were a lot smarter than the rest of us jumped in their carts and beat it back to the clubhouse. Those of us who didn't want to be heroes (or fried) soon followed suit.

•  

This should be a shootout on what used to be the longest course the tour played.  It would be nice to see one of the young guns step up for a rookie win.  

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    This should be a shootout on what used to be the longest course the tour played.  It would be nice to see one of the young guns step up for a rookie win.  

TT

If the wind stays kicked up a notch, it might not be quite the shootout!  I've never played Doral, and with Trump buying it (and about to "blow it up" as he put it) it will not be the same course and will likely price many people out of being able to play it.

•  

GTJacket8
    OUTIGERThis should be a shootout on what used to be the longest course the tour played.  It would be nice to see one of the young guns step up for a rookie win.  

TT

If the wind stays kicked up a notch, it might not be quite the shootout!  I've never played Doral, and with Trump buying it (and about to "blow it up" as he put it) it will not be the same course and will likely price many people out of being able to play it.

i agree.  i respect trump's enthusiasm in golf, but i don't trust his judgement.  for example, the changes that were made to Pinehurst #2, i don't think he would have made those changes.  i don't think that's his idea of progress.

• 1059 points

Have not played it, would love to, I would like to see Bill Haas take it, but not holding my breath...

•  

Yeah I'm not sure if The Donald is who I'd pick to redesign a course, but luckily he's got a good architect working for him. I saw some of the ideas on the golf channel tonight, and they look pretty interesting. It will definitely make the course way harder for us normal folk, but it should be good for tv...

•  

Should be a great event! Heard last week that the entire top 50 apart from Snedecker is in (but guessing Mr McIllroy has also withdrawn following last weeks debacle) so whoever wins will need to play pretty well.

There has only been US winners on the tour this year so going for a foreigner this time around but always looking at a "W" by TW.

Ogilvy just made the field after finishing 2nd last week and he has won before and Rose who won here last year is coming off some solid play so expect them to be up there with perhaps Scott and Westwood.

Also heard that Trump is planning major re-vamp of Doral so a little sad to see the last tournament on the course that has had so many great moments.

• 3539 points

Should be a good tournament...I'm going out on a bit of a limb and picking Charles Howell III, he's playing some great golf lately!

• 5025 points

Always a good venue - How do you beat #18 as a finishing hole? Is Tiger in the field? Trump re-designing the course isn't the worst thing in the world. He has built some outstanding courses (Trump Bedminster) and he does love the game. Behind the veneer is a true golf enthusiast.

•  

Yes, Doral is amazing....It can only get better from my perspective. Trump doesn't mess around haphazardly.....No matter where you go to play golf is an expensive sport...Just need to watch for specials and deals or go off season and one can play just about anywhere...As for a winner this weekend, always nice to see a fresh face come out the winner.....

• 211 points

Looks like Brendan Grace, only b/c I sat him for fantasy after his horrid 81 last week!

•  

Just heard that McIllroy is playing and that he said it was a huge mistake withdrawing last week.

Hope he plays well but would need an enormous turn around for him to contend this week