Forums

Dufner wearing Sligo?

•  

Rory is the evidence that money is not all.

•  

What won't they wear for money?

•  

That shirt looked like crap. even though its orange!

• 5067 points

I would bet we'd all gulp a bit at the $$ tossed around for wearing clothes on a golf course.In a sport where all the players are general contractors, even the highly paid folks don't sneeze at the prospect of a certain payday...

•  

golferdrmjr
    Also remember, I believe Steve Stricker is the only one being "PAID" to wear FootJoy apparel. Hard to turn down free money, just ask Rory.

And isn't he getting good results for his "money"???

-ICONs for All

•  

Old statement is highly accurate; "Money Talks, B%#$^t walks".

-ICONs for All

•  

Jeff Maggert also is part of the PGA Tour Clothes as well...not as nice as FJ apparel, Oh well!

•  

golferdrmjr
    Also remember, I believe Steve Stricker is the only one being "PAID" to wear FootJoy apparel. Hard to turn down free money, just ask Rory.

that is true.  i won't put a guy down for earning as much money as he can when he can.  most likely every one of us on here would do the same.

however, style wise, he could have made a better choice.

•  

thomas alston iii

golferdrmjr

And isn't he getting good results for his "money"???

-ICONs for All

I didn't say it was good or right, just hard to do.

•  

tdogg21

golferdrmjr

that is true.  i won't put a guy down for earning as much money as he can when he can.  most likely every one of us on here would do the same.

however, style wise, he could have made a better choice.

Sometimes it's not about choice, but what is offered. The clothes that Brian Gay has worn the last two years weren't too bad, but the clothing line this year leaves a lot to be desired. As people have said, at least he is still wearing FootJoy shoes and gloves.

•  

I think that's from the Juarez collection.

•  

Lets face it people, there are a myriad of choices out there for people to make. Clothes, shoes, gloves, clubs, hats and the like are all out there to be chosen by the many.....

In golf, this includes getting "paid" to wear what one "chooses" to wear. I do not always choose to wear FJ gear, and sometimes grab other brands to wear. It's a fact of life and the economic engine that drives players today.

Personally, I can't wait to see Duf wearing some of those nice bright colors Sligo puts out there. He'll look... well, he'll look interesting.

•  

TNT009
    That shirt looked like crap. even though its orange!

If TNT says it is crap, it is crap!  

For those new around here, TNT and Hokies are the Orange experts...

•  

It's not like Dufner is a model.  Then add weird shapes and odd colors into the mix.  Hope he doesn't turn out to be the new Woody  Austin.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    It's not like Dufner is a model.  Then add weird shapes and odd colors into the mix.  Hope he doesn't turn out to be the new Woody  Austin.

TT

if golf survived those shirts, i think it can survive banning anchored putters.