Forums

Presidents Cup / Ryder Cup / too much year after year

•  

What is everyones opinion that because of the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup that every year the top US men have to play in these events which thereby causes some of the lesser tournaments to possibly suffer not seeing some of the best players as they opt out because they are obligated to play in these annual events?

•  

I like these events, especially the Ryder Cup.  I think it's not too much.  I like watching these team formats.  It makes for good TV viewing.

•  

Of course I am biased towards the Ryder Cup but the Presidents Cup has no where near the excitement or enthusiasm the Ryder Cup has.  I say stick with the Ryder Cup and get rid of the Presidents Cup

•  

I love watching team things and match play its good for TV and golf.

•  

i like match play in the pro's and team compitition. it seems that as a team the pro's have a little more fun than stroke play tournaments and that makes good watching.

i didn't know that they were obligated to play in these events when they had the point position of being qualified for them.  but i thought that that was one of the things that the pro's coveted the most.

•  

I like the fact that we have these big tournaments every year.  The elite players are most likely not going to play in the smaller events anyways.  The PGA Tour makes way too much money off these two events to even think about changing anything.

Tim

•  

I like both events.  I don't think the smaller tournaments would even pull the big names anyways.  It doesn't affect them as much as you would think. 

Team play is always entertaining, I am looking forward to it.

• 4775 points

I enjoy both events but have wondered myself if one event each year hurts the Americans.  It seems that they are at times not as hungry as the competition.

•  

I like having them to watch - I just can't get enough.  Concerning your comment about the fall series tournaments though, I think that even with NO Presidents/Ryder Cup every year, you would still see the top names opt to not play in those events.

•  

I LOVE the Ryder Cup.  It is just so exciting and wonderful.  Attending is on my bucket list.  I will watch the Presidents Cup, but just not the same.  For me they could stop playing the Presidents Cup.