Forums

Accenture Match Play

•  

DOGLOSKI
    19holeSome good goolf, even if the weather was horrible. Just another reason the Tour should think about moving this event. The weather should not take away from the golf.

I AGREE RICK. IT WAS A SHAME THAT SOO MANY SHOTS WERE INFLUENCED BY THE WEATHER.

i actually don't mind when the the weather influences shots.  as long as it's not too extreme (like the opening tourney when wind gusts were blowing balls off the green).

•  

19hole
    Some good goolf, even if the weather was horrible. Just another reason the Tour should think about moving this event. The weather should not take away from the golf.

. Hmmm - where might they move it? Florida is about the only place that is safe from snow in February.

•  

Does it always need to be played in February? As a World Golf Championship event, does it need to always be played in the USA? there are some great venues that could be used for match play around the world. Valderamma and any Scottish links course come to mind. I am sure that there are a number of other great places that could be used in locations where SNOW and daily high temps of 38-42 degrees are not an issue!

•  

19hole

Does it always need to be played in February? As a World Golf Championship event, does it need to always be played in the USA? there are some great venues that could be used for match play around the world. Valderamma and any Scottish links course come to mind. I am sure that there are a number of other great places that could be used in locations where SNOW and daily high temps of 38-42 degrees are not an issue!

Croc and 19th hole are right it does not always have to be played in the US. I think the sponsors wanted it there. Crazy weather for Tucson in February, I lived there for 7 years and it was had flakes of snow once barely. 

The best out of this is Poulter complaining how draining the consolation matches were. So much so, Jason day pulled out of the Honda this week. I doubt Poulter is giving back the $400 grand he earned though at WCG last week. 

•  

It is interesting that they play  in Arizona at this time of year. Florida or another southern state would be a better choice and play in  Arizona at a later date. The  golf we watched was too influenced by the poor weather conditions and, while we all like a challenge regarding wind and adverse weather conditions, what the Pros had to deal with was inexcusable. The PGA has to do something to change this venue for the betterment of the game.