Forums

Best of Luck: Michael Block

•  

The Head Golf Professional at my club in SoCal, Michael Block, has qualified and is playing in the Northern Trust Open. Though he is a "three stripes" player, I will show support for him in his on course play. After round one, Michael is -2 and currently in 22nd position.

Play well Michael.

•  

did you offer to caddy?  Maybe you could off set a stripe or two with a F or J on the course.

•  

Good for him Randy. He looks to make the cut with another solid round. Maybe you can get him to change his "stripes"?

•  

Michael made the cut! This is a really big deal for our club, especially given our proximity to Riviera. Play well on the weekend Michael.

• 5261 points

Randy - Congratulations to your pro Michael. No easy feat to tour Riviera well enough to make the cut..Heck, it is no easy feat to play ANY course of a pro golf tourney and make the cut. That Hogan's Alley is the venue makes it that much sweeter! Hope he plays well this weekend...

•  

Unfortunately, Michael had a bad round Saturday and was MCDNF due to the number of players allowed to go forward. It is a wonderful feat for a club pro to make the cut and play as well as he did across 36 holes. Everyone at our club is incredibly proud of him.

Goes to show just how demanding tournament golf really is on Tour.

I also found out that on Saturday, when Golf Channel came on the air in the morning, they were following Michael. Faldo commented on the fact that a club pro made it this far. I guess he got coverage for around 3 holes before they went to other players.