Forums

VJ Singh - Admits using deer antler spray?!

• 1062 points

Are we sure he wasn't preparing for the Bow Hunt.....you know, if he gets suspended, which he will, he'll have time to go bow hunting.  Can't say as if I feel to sorry for him.... It's real, and its out there.  Those who get caught, are sorry they got caught.

•  

As much as I like VJ, a precident has been set. A very unknown Tour player got a one year suspension for using doctor prescribed testosterone. It was given for an unrelated medical condition, not as a PED. The Tour turned a deaf ear to his doctor and he got a year off. If VJ gets anything less, it shows that Tim and the Tour do not apply the rules and punishements equally to all.

•  

19hole
    As much as I like VJ, a precident has been set. A very unknown Tour player got a one year suspension for using doctor prescribed testosterone. It was given for an unrelated medical condition, not as a PED. The Tour turned a deaf ear to his doctor and he got a year off. If VJ gets anything less, it shows that Tim and the Tour do not apply the rules and punishements equally to all.

that's right.  i had forgotten about that.  that's going to be tough to handle, but i'd prefer them to err on the harsh side.  no room for PEDs in sports.  and it seems the Tour has backed themselves into a corner.  i guess they could use the excuse that he never tested positive and they are being lenient because he admitted it and cooperated.

•  

According to the Tour's own rules, an admission of use is the same as a positive test.

•  

Anyone hear any updates on his meeting with Fitchem?

•  

All involved have only stated "no comment". The Tour really starts to lose credibility if they drag thi out. Collect the facts (done), talk to Vijay (done), and make a ruling.

•  

19hole
    All involved have only stated "no comment". The Tour really starts to lose credibility if they drag thi out. Collect the facts (done), talk to Vijay (done), and make a ruling.

i'm guessing we'll hear monday or tuesday.  they probably don't want to take away any media coverage away from the tourney.

• 1062 points

I think after all I read, and heard on this discussion, the punishment needs to fit the crime.  If the PGA suspended an unknown, then VJ deserves the same.  He's just angry he got caught! It was interesting to hear Faldo talk about yesterday.  It's becoming a distraction.

•  

The latest rumors are he may be suspended for a year.  They are all speculating he may jump to European tour or Champions as he is eligible.

• 3033 points

I think the Champions tour would fall under the PGA tour umbrella. If Vijay is suspended he wont or shouldn't be allowed to play.

•  

Good thing the PGA doesn't have a lot of tournaments in Oct, Nov, I would hate to see what VJ does on the course during rut season

•  

Champion Tour president Mike Stevens, said if VJ is suspended by the PGA Tour, he would not be eligible to play on the Champions Tour until he serves his suspension.