Forums

Farmers

•  

smashdn
    Is Tiger using a Ping putter or just a Ping grip on the Nike putter?

Tiger's always used that Ping grip on his putters, even the SC putter.

•  

808HACKER
    Congrats to Tiger!!!

What are you congrating? He still has 11 holes to go. :-)

•  

thought the same golferdr...but guess if he's up by 7 it should be academic????

•  

Jut a Ping grip!

•  

Mondo

In theory, yes...but all it takes is a few snap hooks out of bounds, into the hazard, etc., and things get interesting.

• 627 points

Didn't know that.  Any particular reason why?

•  

Mondo

74  wins all but closes the deal, but it wouldn't have in 2010 so you never know ?

•  

smashdn
    Didn't know that.  Any particular reason why?

I believe he grew up using a Ping Anser and just liked the way that grip felt. Once you use you a style a long time it's hard to change.

•  

I have seen the swoosh grip at one point or another, but it looks like he's got it back on for win #74

•  

Correct Don!

That would be an epic collapse if TW gave up this lead(win)!

• 3852 points

smashdn
    Is Tiger using a Ping putter or just a Ping grip on the Nike putter?

Nike putter

•  

Thats gropu ahead of TW should have been fined off the course!!!!

5 hours to play 11 holes, really!

•  

Best comment of the telecast was the announcer (I don't recall which one) saying that until the Tour starts assigning stroke penalties for slow play, this type of situation will continue.  Listen up, PGA Tour!

•  

pulplvr
    Best comment of the telecast was the announcer (I don't recall which one) saying that until the Tour starts assigning stroke penalties for slow play, this type of situation will continue.  Listen up, PGA Tour!

i agree, and they need to do it.  but until a couple big names on tour complain, nothing will happen.  can you imagine the outcry if Tiger got a one stroke penalty in a major and he loses by one?  until the players get on board and start policing themselves, the tour is virtually powerless.

•  

Doesn't matter if its TW, Jack, Arnie or The Hawk, if you're playing like molasses, then you need your right rear pocket tapped by the PGA Officials! Heck, LPGA fined that American last year for slow play!