Forums

thoughts on golf in prime time (for most)?

•  

what did everyone think about getting to watch golf in prime time??  personally i loved it.  obviously that can only happen when on the west coast and Hawaii, but i especially like the 1st and 2nd rounds being on after work.

but the question i have, would you want to see (non-majors) on a tape-delay in order to watch in prime time?  for me, weekends, no.  but i wouldn't mind having the 1st and 2nd rounds on in the evenings every week.  what do you guys think??

•  

I really like being able to come off of the course and start watching golf in the clubhouse.  This past weekend was cool watching live.  

TT

•  

i like it but i havent been able to watch it in  the past weeks because i had to work

•  

Not a bad thing at all.  I certainly enjoyed it.

•  

Often depends on what else is going on in the evening.  I've watched some of the tape delayed broadcasts of regular tour events not he golf channel when my wife's been occupied with one of her activities and I've had the chance to do so.  I don't think I'd want to have all events broadcast only in prime time, though.

• 2819 points

I really enjoyed it.  Considering how many of us miss seeing some rounds during the summer because we are otherwise occupied during the day(especially during golf weather),prime time viewing would be great.

•  

i would agree to not have all tourneys in prime time.  and i don't know if i would want weekend rounds late.  at the very least, i like sunday rounds ending between 6-7.  i don't see the PGA going that direction, but i think it could be beneficial to have the first couple rounds (of at least some of the smaller tourneys) broadcast later in the evening.

•  

I like watching golf on TV period.  I don't know if I would abdicate a tape delay, but I would certainly like to see a replay in prime time. The more I can play golf and then watch golf happier I am. In all honesty, if I had a chance to play I'll, forgo watching on TV. Primetime golf is A-OK with me

•  

I really enjoy watching the Open Championship with the early morning start times.  Of course, that is a "major", but it is still fun to watch a few holes before going to work or the course!

Prime time is a little tougher as it would most often be on a delay.  In today's internet age, that takes all the suspense out of it.

•  

I get USPGA coverage weekly at 6-8 or 9 am and EUROPGA usually after 10 pm (depending on where in the world they are

playing) so works out ok as don't have to fight for the TV at those times.

•  

ToddL
    I really enjoy watching the Open Championship with the early morning start times.  Of course, that is a "major", but it is still fun to watch a few holes before going to work or the course!

Prime time is a little tougher as it would most often be on a delay.  In today's internet age, that takes all the suspense out of it.

i LOVE watching the Open Championship in the mornings.  i have a lot of memories of when i was younger watching on a nice summer morning and still being able to have the rest of the day.  i feel like in recent years they have tried to end later (as US tourneys seem to be doing as well) so now instead of a morning or lunchtime finish, they seem to be closer to the 2-3 pm finish.

i agree with the internet age ruining the suspense.  that's why i would really only want the "smaller" tourneys to do it and only the first couple rounds.  that way i'm less likely to have seen the results.

•  

i was just thinking back on when i was younger and one of the things i liked about the Masters (among many other things) was the late night replay.  i always like being able to come home from school and watch the first 2 rounds with my Dad in the evenings.  sorry for the trip into my nostalgic time machine.  haha.

•  

I love the prime time golf. When the open is at Pebble or Olympic club is the best, they always show in prime time on the west coast.

• 5454 points

10 minutes until tonight's Golf Channel airing of the Euro Your visit to the Middle East..Love watching the Abu Dhabi Championship. Crazy that there is a nice course in the middle of millions of acres of sand!!

• 627 points

I need some golf on during the day too though.  What are you going to watch in the clubhouse waiting for the rain to let up?