Forums

Wyndham Championship

•  

With the FEDEXCup right around the corner and this tournament is the last one to improve or make your place in the elite 125 for the FEDEXCup, is there a little extra buzz in the atmosphere?  What do you think the advantage is to having a higher seed in the race for the cup?  I can't wait to see all the darts thrown at the flag sticks this week, I think there will be a lot of players with the "go for broke" attitude in the field, should make for me entertaining golf.

I saw that it brought out the likes of Sergio Garcia, Freddy Couples and Adam Scott... Freddy said he is using this as a "scouting" week to kind of help choose his players for the Presidents Cup and Adam is here trying to get into the red numbers for the first time in awhile.  During an interview he said, he played a big schedule this year and that when your game isn't where you want it, it makes it really hard and frustrating. 

Would it have been who of him, to back out of a couple tournaments he said he would play to take a week or two to get some swing training?  He was still able to make number 111 in the FEDEXCup rankings but if he performs well, he could move up.

Who do you think will win the Wyndham Championship?  Do you think people like Sergio should be in the field beings they are already in the FEDEXCup (#115)?  I know it brought out a lot of major winners this year, but who do you think needs this tournament the most? 

I'd like to see Tom Watson stay in the race and Todd Hamilton make his way in.

•  

This tournament is lucky it has become the Bubble Tournament so-to-speak.  If it weren't for the FedExCup there would be a fairly medicore field.  But, with this being the final week to get points, this tournament has become a big stop.  It almost gives us five weeks in a row of the biggest names in golf. 

Tim

•  

tim6918

This tournament is lucky it has become the Bubble Tournament so-to-speak.  If it weren't for the FedExCup there would be a fairly medicore field.  But, with this being the final week to get points, this tournament has become a big stop.  It almost gives us five weeks in a row of the biggest names in golf. 

Tim

Tim, 

I agree with your assessment.  But hey, it wouldn't matter for me.  I would watch golf no matter what it was on TV.

Scott

•  

memphisunited

tim6918

Tim

Tim, 

I agree with your assessment.  But hey, it wouldn't matter for me.  I would watch golf no matter what it was on TV.

Scott

like you, when i get the chance, i love to watch.