Forums

Final Round at Kapalua

•  

I thought Stricker made a valiant effort on Tuesday at Kapalua.  Since he was essentially playing off his back leg, to shoot that low while walking the hilliest terrain on the tour was outstanding.  He simply was outdone by Dustin Johnson's overpowering performance, especially off the tee.  But Dustin also had some short game, witness the chip in eagle following his double on Tuesday.  Congrats to Dustin, but it would have been nice to see Stricker start the year with another win at Kapalua--and of course, a contest for all of us on the Forum.

•  

I was hoping that Stricker could come from behind and grab a victory. It is going to be a tough year only seeing him playing a dozen times or so.

• 5177 points

Agree with you pulpvr - Strick played awfully well for a one-legged golfer. But the power show form Dustin along with a short game (DJ apparently has been hard at work on this aspect of his game) was too much for anyone to overcome..

• 2781 points

I hope Stricker can keep up the good play since he won't be playing as much this year.

•  

stricker played really well (a lot better than i expected) but it's hard to beat someone when they drive the ball like DJ did.  i don't care how good of a wedge player you are, if you have 150 and they have 40 to the hole, they will almost always get it closer.

•  

Love that Stricker suggested to  DJ to put the driver away to make sure he wins the Tournament ! also Sticker high five's  DJ on the eagle, even though it pretty much won DJ the event. Sticker is a classy guy, he never has a bad word to say about anybody. hope his nerve issue gets worked out .

•  

Strick is a true class act.  From his high 5 to his suggestions on the tee box to place the driver in the bag.  Would have loved to see him pull out the victory there and defend his title.