Forums

Watney switches to...

•  

golfchick

I thought about you immediately, Scott. Maybe you should give Nick a call and see if you can sway him back to FJ. You've got the power.

Power, but no cash.  I think I'm going to pull for Dufner and Webb this year.

• 883 points

Loved his look and answer when he was interviewed and asked what his Nike clubs would help him accomplish that he hasn't already on the tour.

•  

Id love to see Duffy pull out the PGA, Honey Badger has to be hunger!

•  

TNT009
    I say be gone and kudos to FJ and Titleist and Scotty C. for now begging or bending to get payers to stay! Look at all the greats that have played Tileist and moved on... TW Els Phil Rory Sergio, the brand will continue to flourish!

Titleist/FJ have always seemed to be more loyal to the brand than a player.  and i think that's a good thing.  they don't need a Tiger Woods or Micheal Jordan to have their own "sub-brand".  their products speak for themselves and they never have to worry about a scandal killing their sales.

• 5247 points

Fj and Titleist have little to worry about - these are iconic brands with little susceptibility to faddish trends. I believe that the Acushnet approach -.  timeless design, uncompromising quality, and customer service above all resonates with the real buyers of their products - you and I. Professional endorsement while nice, does not sway the FJ/Titeist buyer.

•  

TNT009
    The white and pink polo he was wearing just didnt look good, I know it's just a polo, buttttt!

TNT009
    The white and pink polo he was wearing just didnt look good, I know it's just a polo, buttttt!
  •  

It is jsut the same no matter where you go anymore. Money talks. That said, the idea of brand loyalty is something of the past. Unfortunately, those that have left Fj and Titleist, in my humble opinion, are the losers. The Acushnet family is the best going and they, those that left, are going to some  day realize what a mistake they made. And Nike is going to run out of money sooner or later. I'll really support our players now. Stricker, Bubba and Zach are loyalists so far and they get my total support.

•  

I gotta call horse poop when Watney said Nike was on cutting edge technology and he liked their product.... Call it what it is, they paid you more money and there's nothing wrong with that at all.. Just be honest!

•  

The Blue Ribbon Sporting Company strikes again.  Original name of Nike.  What happened to loyalty?

• 883 points

NCBob
    The Blue Ribbon Sporting Company strikes again.  Original name of Nike.  What happened to loyalty?

Money trumps sadly.

•  

Guess we will have to wait and see how their skill level falls with inferior equipment....especially #1 McIlroy who will also be sporting the swoosh this year

•  

Some guys and gals careers have struggled and ended after changing brands of equiptment.

Loyality never pays the bills though sadly and these people do what we love for a living.

I do wish him well though. He seems like a very nice guy.

So for myself, I will keep pulling for the PING guys ( Bubba, Lee Westwood, Louis Oosthuizen and Hunter).

•  

Nike will always make money with their fitness shoes/apparel.  And they will make the quick money on whatever the best golfers are wearing at the time.  But the FJ/Titleist brand always stays true to the average golfers needs and continues to stay competitive without catering to the needs of the top few (who always rise to power using FJ/Titleist equipment) and are looking for more $$$.

No other company has the quality of product that the Acushnet brand does.

TT

• 5247 points

On the money OUTIGER! FJ/Titleist are iconic golf brands well known throughout the golfing world sporting a reputation for stylish quality, craftsmanship, and customer service. Newer brands are keen to make a fast profit and one of the established routes has been the sponsorship model. While I am sure that Titleist and Foot Joy love having the leading tour players winning with their gear, the NEED to respond in the sponsorship money war is far less given their preeminent position in the marketplace with the millions of golfers, like us, who love the game but do not make a living playing it. FJ/Titleist will compete for sponsorship opportunities but will not break the bank to keep a pro in their gear... I think...!!  

•  

OUTIGER
    Nike will always make money with their fitness shoes/apparel.  And they will make the quick money on whatever the best golfers are wearing at the time.  But the FJ/Titleist brand always stays true to the average golfers needs and continues to stay competitive without catering to the needs of the top few (who always rise to power using FJ/Titleist equipment) and are looking for more $$$.

No other company has the quality of product that the Acushnet brand does.

TT

I could agree more Tim. No player is bigger than the Brand.