Forums

FEDEX Cup

•  

Now that the FEDEX Cup playoffs are getting near, I was thinking about if I would bother to watch any of the events. Waht do you guys think?

Is the FEDEX Cup and the playoffs for it really that interesting? Is it just another way to extend the season and give away even more money to the top players?

I am still undecided on this one. I would format the Cup a bit differently. Let the plaers earn points during the season. Then seed the top 16 in a single elimination match play event. That way the event can't be over before the last event is played.

•  

The FEDEX Cup has good intentions but they did go about it all wrong.  I would like to have the tournament elimination style also.  Having a winner before the whole thing is over kind of takes away from the event.  I can't really see any of the other players even wanting to come out if they know it's over... kind of defeats the purpose. 

I won't watch all of it, but I will watch bits and pieces because I love to watch golf and someone will still hit some nice shots and I will still see good golf.

•  

It is kind of like th BCS, good idea but bad outcome. Would rather see elimination style as stated above.

will still watch though.

•  

Just want to point out the branding for the competition - FedExCup.  All one word.  Go and register for a chance to win the sweepstakes for a golf trip.  

•  

Thanks for the correction. Shows how much I pay attention to the branding of the event.

•  

I'm not too interested in the points race, but do REALLY like the fact that you get 4 tournaments, late in the year with really strong fields, so I do really enjoy watching it from that perspective.

•  

I just enjoy watching the golf tournament but I think the match play idea is great.

• 4775 points

I agree that a winner before the final event is a mistake.  I also do not care for a guy being able to skip an event and still win the cup.  I think they made some changes, hopefully these types of issues will be corrected.

•  

jas, grat point. How flawed is a "play-off" when you can decide that "I don't want to play this one" and still win? I hope the Tour organizers can fix this one. It would make the end of the season much better to watch.

•  

I know they cut the field down to only allowing the top 125.  Will be nice to see some more golf, especially with the big names in it.  I look forward to the four tournaments.

•  

The FedEx Cup doesn't do much for me except force Tiger to play three or four weeks in a row.  I love watching Tiger play.  I don't like the tours way of attracting Tiger, but they have to do what they have to do to make money.  I think Tiger doesn't care much about the FedEx Cup myself.  He has way more money then he needs so what is another ten million!?

Tim