Do you put up Holiday lights ? When ?

Do you put up Holiday lights ? When ?

•  

At least three people put up full holiday lights in my neighborhood already. seems a little early. we don't have specific time, just any dry weekend.

•  

Usually this weekend.  The wife will break out all of the decorations today, and will start the process Saturday.

I also start the outdoor hockey rink this weekend too.  Kids love it.  Last year, not so good, but 2 years ago it was great!

•  

that brings the redneck out of me i will put them up and i wont take them down untill they burn out that being said i havent put up new lights in 3 years because the ones that i have up still work

•  

Did it today while it was warm and sunny.  A bit early, but I won't plug 'em in for a week or two.  Hoping for nice golf weather and  then i don't have to worry about decorations...lol

• 2956 points

BostonBuzza
    Usually this weekend.  The wife will break out all of the decorations today, and will start the process Saturday.

I also start the outdoor hockey rink this weekend too.  Kids love it.  Last year, not so good, but 2 years ago it was great!

Outdoor hockey rink - Yeah. My dad it for me starting at 6 yrs. and I loved it. Lights; not so much anymore: too old and tired.

•  

Outdoor hockey rink ? Brian post up some pictures. Sounds like a great time.

•  

I'm so over all the shanangans for Christmas, we have fools that leave them up all years , mostly white lights but still, I hate it... I only partake when the wife forces me to help her, it's just not fun anymore.

•  

Because of the children I have to do it. I've done one week ago and just take it off begining of 2013.

•  

Put them up last Sunday purely due to weather was 60s and traveling over thanksgiving,

•  

i love Christmas lights.  winter is so dark, cold, and dreary here in the northeast.  i wish people would leave the lights up at least through January.  they can take the Santa's down, but i like to see the lights. i was going to put mine up yesterday since it was so warm, but never made it, so looks like i'll be doing it in the cold again.

• 2756 points

With a 15 month old who doesn't have any quit in him it's been difficult this year but the lights are slowly going up.

•  

Started putting the decorations up on Thanksgiving will take them down after New Years.  Usually takes about 3 days to get them up and 2 to take down.

This is phase one.

•  

love it , NCBOB

•  

Love the idea of the ice rink in the yard.  Problem with our yard is the slope.  Would need to do some serious leveling to make it worth it.  Good luck with it Brian!

As for the Christmas decorations, we usually get them up this weekend.  However, the wife is sick and not up to going outside.  I put them up at her direction.  She always has a great plan on what should go where.  My plan would be to put things up on 12/19 and take them down on 12/26 (one week max). Fortunately, she has the vision and makes it look nice for the month.  

• 1596 points