Do you use a range finder ? What brand ?

Do you use a range finder ? What brand ?

•  

Think about asking for one for xmas ? never used one. what should I get

•  

A Bushnell or Leupold are good brands.  I use a Nikon 500G, very good, but no longer in the market.  Callaway bought it, but it looks like Nikon produces a lesser product with their name on it.  Not that you should stay away, I just think it doesn't make sense to pay an extra premium for the "name" on a product.

•  

Bushnell is best IMO. I have the V2 Pro (I think thats the model name). It's a little smaller and easier to hold. I don't like the ones with slope or wind; one because they are more expensive, and two I can see uphill and downhill as well as throw some grass in the air to see wind.

•  

GARMIN APPROACH G6.  CHECK IT OUT. GREAT FEATURES AND SO EASY TO USE.  STAY AWAY FROM CALLAWAY GPS.  TOO HARD TO USE AND STILL TOO MANY FLAWS

• 3542 points

I have a Skycaddie SG5 and I love it...It doesn't give me the exact pin locations but, for my game the front, middle, and back distances are fine.  

•  

I does use a range finder.  It is probably one of the 1st that came out.  One of the guys at the club bought a new one and gave it to me a couple years ago.  It is a Bushnell, not sure of model#, will have to revisit and follow up.

I can honestly say, that since having it in my bag, not only has it given me a better idea of TRUE distances to the pin, it has also helped speed up play in the group.  Many guys I play with still don't have one and I will try and help them out.

•  

Leupold GX3, the red OLED makes all the difference!

•  

Thanks for the input. I will check some out.

•  

SkyCaddie SG5 for me and I love it.  Don't feel right playing a round without it.  My Dad has an SGX and loves it.  SkyCaddie makes an excellent product.  You can move the pin cursor around on the green and get an accurate yardage within 1-2 yards.  Plus it gives you overhead views of the hole and makes it easy to figure out lay up distances in front of hazards, etc.  

•  

I have the Bushnell Hybrid.  To me, it combines the best of both worlds - the laser and the GPS.  The GPS is not as sophisticated as some of the stand alone GPS units, but it does give the distances to the front/center/back of the green.  I really like the laser (w/Pinseeker technology).  I had a SkyCaddie before and became irritated paying the yearly fees, so I went with the Bushnell.  Best decision I made!

•  

I'm a GPS guy...I use the GolfBuddy and I'm very happy...courses are already loaded and only once every season do you have to maybe do a  computer update to add courses that may be new...

•  

I have both the Skycaddie SGX and currently using the Callaway/Nikon range finder.  Use to have the Bushnell but sold it to a friend and got the callaway (have stated before that I've found the callaway batterly life was way superior).

•  

I have one of the early Bushnell 1500.  Still works great.

•  

I also have one of the original Bushnell models.  Has worked great for many years.   The Bushnell Hybrid will probably be my next pick up.

TT

•  

I have a Bushnell Pro also. It's small & light weight. Couldn't find the pins without it. LOL