front versus back nine

front versus back nine

•  

We've all had that day when you can do no wrong on the front and nothing right on the back nine, or vice-versa. For example, this past Sunday, on our Pecan course, 42 front nine and 33 on the back. What's your story?

•  

I had a 39 - 35 this weekend, I know the feeling!  I was going deep on the back them blew up to the 35...

•  

That is a great score this time of year Devin.  Was that at Newport National?  How many birds did you card on the day?

I have had a few of those.  -1 on the front and +5 on the back.  A smooth 35 / 40.  I think my biggest swing may have been 43/33 and I don't know what happened to me.

•  

I fired a nice 40-30 to finish 1 under this past weekend and win our Turkey tourney. Just had to get my mix right.

TT

•  

i started with a 52 on the front and shot a 38 on the back that is how my day went when i played with my dad and my uncles this summer

•  

44/35 is not what high (12) handicap should or could do.  It makes it difficult to find a game the next day.

However, the 44/46 might get you a limo service every weekend.

•  

I turned a beautiful opportunity for a super low round (for me) into a very good round.  Started with a birdie on #1, then added three more in a row on 5-7.  Ended the front three under 33, having missed two putts under six feet, one for par and the other for birdie.  Made the turn and was doing fine through thirteen, still under par, though no more birdies.  Ball in the water over the 14th green, oh no(!) for double.  Tee shot OB on 18, followed by a 286 yard drive and a 54 degree wedge to four feet for bogie to end with 40 on the back.  Total 73.  Had a similar round the day before, with a double on #18 to shoot 74 instead of even par 72, with five birdies.

•  

Very nice round TT.

•  

I shot a 50-32 and I could not get out of my way on the front and I could do no wrong on the back.

•  

BostonBuzza
    That is a great score this time of year Devin.  Was that at Newport National?  How many birds did you card on the day?

I have had a few of those.  -1 on the front and +5 on the back.  A smooth 35 / 40.  I think my biggest swing may have been 43/33 and I don't know what happened to me.

I had 4 birds, all on the back and yes at National.

•  

very nice round.  that is a good amount of birdies.  Sometimes I go a couple of rounds without a single one.

•  

Notched a nice 39-34 last weekend to post a 73.

And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, which earned me a spot on The Price is Right....

• 2771 points

You guys are really good.  I shoot in the high 80s.

•  

Smithjss
    You guys are really good.  I shoot in the high 80s.

You are not alone, Smith.  I'm currently a mid-to-high 80s shooter myself (just over a 12 index).

• 3539 points

Recently, I played in a 54 hole tournament where I scored very well the first two rounds and was leading the event by 10 shots. Then comes the final round, cruise control right...whatever! It took me seven holes to figure out how protecting a lead is not the way to go!!! I saved a 44 on the front nine by paring the 8th and birdieing the 9th. On the 10th tee my lead was only one shot over my playing partner and I had no idea what was going on in front of us so, I might not even be leading. Luckily, I got the ship pointed in the right direction and shot a 34 on the back nine to win by one shot but, I could write a book on nerves with a big lead now.