SQUAMOUS CELL

SQUAMOUS CELL

•  

OK FOLKS LISTEN UP.

USE YOUR SUN SCREEN AND KEEP YOU HEADS COVERED FROM THE SUN..

I GO IN TO GET A SQUAMOUS CELL CANCER REMOVED FROM MY HEAD, RIGHT AT THE HAIRLINE (IF I HAD ANY HAIR) IN FRONT.

MY DOC HAS FROZEN IT AND SEVERAL OTHERS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THIS YEAR HE SAID IT LOOKED A LITTLE STRANGE SO HE BIOPSIED IT AND VOILA,,CANCER.

SAYS WE CAUGHT IT BEFORE BECAME A PROBLEM BUT IT'S MY HEAD AND IT'S A PROBLEM TO ME.

PLEASE,,,PAY ATTENTION TO THE WARNINGS ALL YOU MACHO GUYS AND GALS.

BEWARE OUR FRIEND THE SUN.

•  

GLAD YOU ARE OK DOG AND THAT YOU CAUGHT IT IN TIME..  GOOD ADVICE FOR EVERYONE.  THANKS,  BRUCE

•  

Thanks Doug. We all know to do it, but for some reason, we don't, me included. It sometimes takes a "wake-up call".

•  

Thanks for the heads up. glad you are u dog

•  

Thanks for the heads up. glad you are u ok dog

•  

that is why i carry a big bottle of sunscreen in both of my bags because i am a pail white cuy and almost everyone in my family has skin cancer.. and i am glad your ok dog

•  

I'm with you Dog ! .....I wear 30 block and a hat when on course. Wear daily moisturizer with block off the course as well.

Good to hear your little problem was caught before it became a big problem and you are OK !!!

•  

Think in going back to the bucket hat and Fedora!

•  

Glad to hear the good prognosis...will keep you in my thoughts and keep your advice as well...

• 2721 points

I have the same similar "hairline" or lack of same.  Having had  a  lesion on my schnoz removed a few years ago and treatment for some pre-cancerous areas on my noggin  I always use 45 sunscreen when I am outside and a hat with a brim that covers the ears(is essential. My dermatologist says people don't realize that their ears get more sun exposure than most of the other body parts and are one of the common areas for skin cancer.

•  

Glad to hear you are ok Doug. I, too, am follickly challenged and have a collection of 40-50 hats all are well worn. I worked outside in the landscape industry for about 20 years and can't count the gallons of 30+ sunscreen I have gone through. I can't stress how many friends have run into similar issues over the years.Thanks again for the head's up.

•  

Thanks for the reminder Dog, we all should be careful. Add sunglasses when outside to the list. I am fixing to have my 3rd eye surgery because of sun damage to it when I was younger.  Glad you are ok.

•  

Always be careful.  Doug is not the only one who's had this type of cancerous cell removed.  I had one removed from my forehead about six years ago.  I was (and am still to some extent) convinced that the site was under my hat sweatband, since I consistently wear a hat even when I am just going to work or the store, especially when I was in the military.  Nope, said the dermatologist.  Almost two years ago, the dermatologist here in Texas cut one from the back of my right leg, just above the low-cut sock line.  I see a dermatologist twice a year and have a full body scan.  Usually she just burns off a few pre-cancerous spots from my head and face and I'm good for another six months or so.  But, there's always the chance for another squamous cell.  SPF 50 every time I'm out.  Usually on top of the SPF15 in my aftershave.

•  

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES.

THANKS ALSO FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS AND PARTICIPATION.

AS MUCH AS WE ALL LOVE THE SUN IT CAN BE A DANGEROUS DUDE.

THANKS ALL.

•  

Glad to hear you got at it early enough.  I am appreciative for the advice and need to be more aware before hitting the course.