Warming the Putter during Winter

Warming the Putter during Winter

•  

If anyone loves putting more than any other part of the game, I'd like to believe I'm one of them.  (But then all my friends are still a better putter than me. LOL)

It gets windy and cold around where I'm at.  No snow, but, it's getting more difficult for me to get out and putt.  ("Old" might have something to do with it.)

Anyway, what do you guys do for winter. . . most especially the guys up north and east when you're covered up in snow or just plain cold.

I'm imagining most probably have an indoor putting surface.  Which I have been thinking for a while but procrastinated every summer.

I saw this ad in the internet.  I wonder if any of you guys have had a chance to check it out or use it.

www.birdieball.com/.../prodView.asp

Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks Guys & Gals.

No'l

•  

i have a putting mat in my living room.  but honestly, i don't use it much.  i'd probably be better if i practiced more in the winter, but when it's single digits and there is a foot of snow on the ground, golf is usually pretty low on my mind.

•  

Noel I live the Pacific Northwest so we most likely share similar weather during the winter. I have a mat and don't use it much. I just bundle up and use the putting area at the range.

•  

No'l

Put a putting surface in your garage. I have a putting green in the basement of my Michigan home, and I used to practice every night for about 15-20 minutes. Works perfectly.

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    Noel I live the Pacific Northwest so we most likely share similar weather during the winter. I have a mat and don't use it much. I just bundle up and use the putting area at the range.

RANDY; that right there, makes up the rest of your handle-- RANDYWILDMAN. (LOL)

You are a trooper!

•  

Good to hear, Randy!  I knew it would work and will be worth it.  Every year I say to myself that I'll get one.  Every summer, I forget about it (gee! I wonder why?).  Then I freeze for an hour or two at a time out there thinking about an indoor green while I putt.  I've completed many of these circles enough times.

Thanks, buddy!

•  

What's winter....... I live in San Diego!

•  

Randy...lets not get crazy about working perfectly...remember we golfed together...I saw your putting...hahahha just kidding!!!

I love the idea of having a surface in either a garage or basement...might have to consider it myself

•  

TNT009

Lucky!  

Don't we all wish we did.

•  

TNT009

I lived 7 years between Phoenix and  Tucson and i never really knew what this winter thing was, but I know now.

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    TNT009What's winter....... I live in San Diego!

I lived 7 years between Phoenix and  Tucson and i never really knew what this winter thing was, but I know now.

uh oh,  I smell a Welcome back home coming round of 36 at Torrey north and south.

(what's the "wildman" to do with all those bundling garments? ha ha)

•  

tdogg21
    i have a putting mat in my living room.  but honestly, i don't use it much.  i'd probably be better if i practiced more in the winter, but when it's single digits and there is a foot of snow on the ground, golf is usually pretty low on my mind.

dogg21, I think you just gave your self a fairly positive thought there.  First, there were those words "practice more", then you mentioned "single digit", followed by the word "low" . . . .  If I'm not mistaken, those are . . . those are . . .

Why. . . . things are looking up for your future golfing, my friend!

(is your little one putting yet?)

•  

The BirdieBall carpet looks like a great idea.  If I still lived in northern VA, I would seriously consider getting one and putting it in the basement on a relatively permanent basis.  It would be good for me during the wintry months and always useful when the grandsons visit.  I like the idea of the dual stamp carpet.  Hadn't seen anything like that before.

•  

I may be nuts but I go out the practice range and green regardless of temp. Fortunately in NC it is rare that it is in the 20's, a few in the 30's, mostly 40 and up.  I find the wind the real killer. Unfortunately we only have a crawl space, did consider   building a practice shed, but that idea died off.

•  

I use a putting mat from time to time in my livingroom.  It can be a challange, as my Weimaraner, Charlie tends to chase the balls and steal them on me.