Time for the yellow ball, help ?

Time for the yellow ball, help ?

•  

In the late fall and winter I have started playing the yellow ball. Last year I played mostly Srixon Q-star and Z-star. this year I am looking at the NXT tour yellow. does anyone play this ball ? What do you think ?

• 1192 points

I've played it and I love it. I'm a big fan of the NXT Tour series and I instantly fell in love with this one. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

•  

The NXT Tour is a very nice ball. Decient feel and distance combination. I fit my wife to this ball and she loves it. We use it when we play alternate shot events and I do need to adjust fron the Pro V1x that I normally play. It is a bit hotter off the clubface and it just takes a bit for me to get used to.

• 2756 points

GREAT ball!  Until Titleist adds yellow to the 1x it's your best option in their line for a yellow ball.  Pretty soft feel but I agree with the above post...it is a bit hotter than the 1x.

•  

When the bermuda goes dormant it really helps to find your ball in an ocean of whitish tan fairway.

•  

I gave this ball a try (especially because of the color) -  worked pretty well in non-windy conditions.  In the wind the ball had just two much spin for me.  Loved the softer feel -  wish the Pro V1 came in yellow.

•  

I've tried the yellow ball by Srixon and played it for a short time, but for some reason it did not stay with me.  The good thing at the time was that the yellow ball was easily identifiable that it was what I was playing in the group.

I might give the yellow NXT a try.  I could use a little more distance (as read from 19 hole).

Thanks, Randy.

•  

i dont like any colored golf balls i have tried them and it was a bad day

•  

I have used this ball a bit out here in SoCal. I must say, with the high skies we have out here the Optic color is much better visually in flight. I agree with Hokies that it does spin a bit much, but it really is a fine ball.

•  

I remember the days of Orange and Yellow golf balls in the 80's....I love the colors...I agree the NXT S is a nice ball...

•  

Have given the Grand Z a try this fall here in Milwaukee and find it works well. The cover gets shredded pretty easy though, my GG has them in a bin for $2.49 (I think) each. Was told they are the Japanese version of the Proo V1.

•  

i remember the using an orange or yellow ball growing up.  then they sort of went away for a while.  seems they are coming back.  they definitely serve a purpose in us 4 season states.  hard to find a white ball when there is snow on the course.

• 319 points

Any word on Titleist making the proV1s in yellow?  I switched over to a yellow ball this fall and I am loving it.  I've heard some really great things about the NXT tour s

•  

JPDrums
    Any word on Titleist making the proV1s in yellow?  I switched over to a yellow ball this fall and I am loving it.  I've heard some really great things about the NXT tour s

I am not a spokesperson for Titleist but, I am sure they have at the very least considered the idea of a yellow ProV1.  Whether they move forward with it is another question.

Best,

DG

•  

I wish they'd consider it, put it on a test run!