The driver is worried...

The driver is worried...

•  

71 is a great score, but what kind of golfers are we if we don't want to be better? No matter how great one plays there is always the opportunity to save at least one shot. Guys that have shot 59 still miss a putt or two, miss a green, or hit a drive that didn't go exactly where they wanted it to. We are always looking for that perfect round, and it's okay if we never get it; I don't plan on ever giving up on it.

Best round ever was a -5 67 at pretty driver friendly course but with tough greens. I had 31 putts (missed a 6 and 8 footer for birdies) and settled for par on a par 5 when I was just short of the green in two. Was I filled with joy over my 67? Is the Pope Catholic? haha of course I was. But I knew it could have been better, every round could be better.

•  

that is one great ball striking round.  Congrats, and I wish I would have such a PURE round.  Maybe someday...

-Brian

•  

Whaql1
    71 is a great score, but what kind of golfers are we if we don't want to be better? No matter how great one plays there is always the opportunity to save at least one shot. Guys that have shot 59 still miss a putt or two, miss a green, or hit a drive that didn't go exactly where they wanted it to. We are always looking for that perfect round, and it's okay if we never get it; I don't plan on ever giving up on it.

Best round ever was a -5 67 at pretty driver friendly course but with tough greens. I had 31 putts (missed a 6 and 8 footer for birdies) and settled for par on a par 5 when I was just short of the green in two. Was I filled with joy over my 67? Is the Pope Catholic? haha of course I was. But I knew it could have been better, every round could be better.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I was happy with the 71, but my round consisted of a double (when I was right in the middle of the fairway) and a missed 3 footer for birdie.  Oh well, still looking for the perfect round...ha, ha.

•  

71 is a solid score for this late in the season!

And with the 913s coming out maybe this it the time for me to pick up a 910 for cheap.  Unless I hear of very significant gains made from switching from the 910 to the 913.

• 1192 points

I can't wait to get my 913! Where did you guys order? I heard they're on backorder right now?

• 1192 points

pistolpete
    Golf magazine had a piece in its latest issue and lead article "tribute" to Rory McIlroy about how he switched to the 913 almost immediately after a test on the range. Apparently, his a very methodical and conservative when it comes to changing or considering changing equipment - But the results are all that counts - His third tourney with the 913 in the bag was the PGA Championship...

pistolpete
    Golf magazine had a piece in its latest issue and lead article "tribute" to Rory McIlroy about how he switched to the 913 almost immediately after a test on the range. Apparently, his a very methodical and conservative when it comes to changing or considering changing equipment - But the results are all that counts - His third tourney with the 913 in the bag was the PGA Championship...

I think it's going to be a very successful driver. Can't wait to get mine.

•  

I got it  direct from Titleist, I am an Acushnet Golf retailer.

•  

Come on down... Lots of golf left this season... I plan a whole bag change this spring, 712 CB, 913 driver and Hybrids, new wedges from Mr Vokey also...plus a new bag.

Hey Devin, can I get the FJA logo on the Titleist Bag?

•  

Nice round memphis. What is the old saying it's the indian not the arrow.  910 - 913 it was strong.

•  

Paul, I tried to get one for TimT over the summer and the FJ guys said no. The Titleist guys said yes, but they did not have the logo. If you could get both parties to agree, you still need to get the logo setup ( $$$$$ ).