The driver is worried...

The driver is worried...

•  

I'm thinking about getting fit for a new 913 driver next weekend.  I was looking forward to it because I've been struggling a little with the 910.  However, I go out today and hit 13 of 13 fairways with the 910.  It's almost like the 910 knew it might be out of the bag soon so it really wanted to perform well.  :)

On a side note, the AP2s didn't have anything to worry about, but they hit 15 of 18 greens today.  Great day.  

• 1962 points

Nice, tomorrow will be my last day out with the 910 as my 913 arrives on Thursday. Hopefully I have as much luck tomorrow as you did :)

•  

Sounds like you might have had a low one with those driving and greens in regulation statistics.

•  

You never know Tyler ....maybe putter shopping....lol    Nice round menphis!!!

Deno

•  

WoW! Getting it Done....

It stands to reason that an old friend will always be there when you least expect it.

Go get you a new friend and reward yourself for such fantastic play.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Funny how clubs know they are getting ready to be replaced....I'd still get the 913 though just to make your 910 worry some...

•  

memphisunited
    I'm thinking about getting fit for a new 913 driver next weekend.  I was looking forward to it because I've been struggling a little with the 910.  However, I go out today and hit 13 of 13 fairways with the 910.  It's almost like the 910 knew it might be out of the bag soon so it really wanted to perform well.  :)

On a side note, the AP2s didn't have anything to worry about, but they hit 15 of 18 greens today.  Great day.

Funny how you don't mention how many putts you had today Scotty...might you need to replace your Cameron before your driver...hahaha

•  

Yeah, I did leave out the putts, didn't I, ha, ha.  I had 33 putts for a score of 71.  If only I could have made a few more.  I would have had a really good score.  It was a great day yesterday.  Sunny with temps in the high 70s.   Today it is cold with temps in the 50s.  Glad I was able to get out yesterday.

•  

So a 71 is not a really good score?  Man I've gotta get to practicing more.  Heck it takes me at least two rounds to hit 15 greens (but that's mainly because it is hard to hit the green when you are only in the fairway 50 percent of the time).  Overall sounds like you had a good round!  Keep threatening that 910...maybe it'll keep the fairway streak alive.

•  

Ha, ha...yeah, 71 is a really good score by my standards.  But, I'm greedy and would have liked to shoot in the 60s.  I've only been in the 60s a few times.  

And Mike - I can't throw out the Cameron.  That's crazy talk...unless I get some really sweet club deal worth millions of dollars.

• 2771 points

I wish my 910 would catch the fever!  

• 5025 points

Golf magazine had a piece in its latest issue and lead article "tribute" to Rory McIlroy about how he switched to the 913 almost immediately after a test on the range. Apparently, his a very methodical and conservative when it comes to changing or considering changing equipment - But the results are all that counts - His third tourney with the 913 in the bag was the PGA Championship...

• 5025 points

And I wish my nine year son listened as well as your 910!!

•  

Nice round there Scotty. Even with that "fickle" driver in the bag. Struggled to 74's both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. And I owe it all to my Scotty and my Vokey's, without whom I'm nothing!

•  

I cannot wait to get the 913; but like you, I have been striping the 910 off the tee.  Long with a little draw, it won't be going down without a fight.  

The 913 I ordered should knock my spin down considerably which I am VERY excited about! I won't have it until December so unless there is a giant heatwave through Rhode Island I may have to wait until a winter trip to Florida to game it!