913D...Comments anyone?

913D...Comments anyone?

• 2777 points

Has anyone received their driver and gotten in any significant range time.  Like many, I'm really looking for a user's comparison over the 910 with like shaft and setup.  

I know there are a couple of threads out there but I haven't seen any follow up to date.  I'm on the fence for now. I just can't imagine really hitting a driver that much better than I do my 910 but your input could push me over the edge as seems to be the trend in my short time here.  Come on converts, what say ye?

•  

Mine is shipping November 27th, be lucky to game it this year.  Went with a 8.5 D3 with the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec  X-Stiff

•  

Mine is currently in transit. I can say that I have hit it using my existing shaft from my 910, same loft ans Sure-Fit settings. I fiound it to be much better on mis-hits and about 10 yards longer with on center hits.

•  

10 yards is impressive Rick, make some of those par 5s little more reachable for you.

• 2777 points

That is impressive and thanks for the feedback. Thanks as well DG.  

•  

I think I need more than 10 yards Mike!

•  

I am being told mine has been shipped.  Awaiting arrival in the next couple of days.  With the weather in the North East, I am hoping there is no significant delays.  I went with the 913D3 and the AD-DI 6 shaft.  Hit the ball with much more consistency and picked up around 23+ yards on average when I was at Manchester Lane.  The miss-hits where much better than the 910 and I am thinking the new shaft greatly improved the distance.

Here is what is looks like in case you haven't seen it.

and Manchester Lane Fitting session

• 2777 points

Thanks for the details gents.  Here is my dilemma:  

As I get older (cough cough), my club speed is coming down a bit and with that, my distance and accuracy are starting to suffer.  I'm thinking about moving away from my 2.9 RIP Stiff shaft in my 9.5 913D3 to a Regular flex and a slightly lighter shaft as well to help me regain some of my distance.  I still enjoy the "occasional" 300 yard roll and a fairly consistent 270-275 yd tee shot but I'm not ready to give up the additional 15-20 yds per drive per round that I once enjoyed just yet.  I thought the 913 might be the answer but am beginning to question my shaft more so.  Thoughts?

•  

Hey Mr Smith, Sorry you only hit it 270.  Wait a few more years, and that drops below 250. You will be glad you can still play the great game.  But I will tell you from 50+ years of experience, splitting a fairway over and over will beat an extra 25 yards every time for 99% of amateurs.  My 913 D3 has shipped and I hope to get it this week. I would have heart failure if I got 23 yards like Boston, but I still want to keep it in the short grass. Let us know what you get out of it.

•  

Smith, the shaft is the "engine" of the club and is responsible for getting the energ of the swing to the ball. You need to go find a good fitter and try some shafts. The modern trend is to move to lighter shafts, but that does not always work for a player with a faster swing tempo.

Trying to get specific shaft advise without being able to see the swing and ball flight is a setup for failure! A good fitter will become your best asset.

• 2777 points

Very well put NCBob and 19hole and your points are well taken.  I've heard this enough now to put the plan in motion.  Thanks for all your insight and recomendations and best of luck to those with the 913 in route.  

• 1979 points

I hoping that mine ships this week, really hoping to have it for some play time this weekend. If not it should be here next week anyway. Can't wait to get it to the range and see the difference.

•  

Get a free fitting and to test it out tomorrow, will be interesting to see how it compares to the R11.

•  

Getting fit is the best way to help your game: switched shafts in my driver last year and starting hiting it abot 15 yards farther and brought in the spread of my ball flight in about 10 yards without changing a thing.

• 3548 points

I played a lighter shaft for several years (50g-55g range) with pretty good success but, at the beginning of last season I was fit for a 910 D3 with a Fubuki Tour 73 X5CT and the heavier shaft made a huge difference. The shaft and head combo brought my spin rates way down which didn't hurt but, I picked up about 5 mph swing speed and about 12-15 yards so, a lighter shaft is not always the answer. I would go to a fitting with an open mind and try several different combos until you find that fine line between distance and accuracy!