Hurricane Sandy...

Hurricane Sandy...

• 1976 points

Best of luck to everyone this storm is effecting!

•  

We were lucky down here in NC. It jogged a little out to see and we didn't get much wind, a fair amount of rain Saturday and Sunday.  Did play Saturday, it was sprinkling on the front nine and started to rain on the back, I asked my partner if had enough and his reply was "This is what these things are for", he was referring to our FJ rain suits.  Sunday the course was too wet to play.

Stay safe up there in NJ, NY, Ct.

•  

pulplvr
    Think the Jersey, NYC, Conn, RI guys are getting the worst of it.  How are things in MD, DEL, VA, and PA?  Anyone?

Newport, RI wasn't to bad surprisingly, power outages were off and on but nothing too extended.  The way the radar is looking we are about through with this storm.  

Talk to ya at work tomorrow!

DG

•  

What's a little rain and wind? Come on.... All my friends in the Boston area have checked in and said the worst stuff is way to the south.

•  

South Jersey got clobbered.  Up here in North Jersey mostly high wind damage to trees and powerlines No electricity for 28 hours.  Don't mind a candlelight dinner with my wife now and then, but....28 hours?   SHE  sent me for  a generator at Home Depot.    As I pulled in the driveway the power came back on.    Golf weather by Friday hopefully.   Hope everyone fared well with the storm.

•  

My thoughts and prayers go out to all effected by this storm

•  

Not much rain but extreme winds., storm surge  & high tides causing flooding and devastation along the shoreline here in CT. Other areas experienced trees downs and fires. Very fortunate to escape damage and power outages many are still dealing with. A Neighbor:s tree came down but luck toppled it sideways across their drive way and into another neighbors front yard. Had it fallen forward toward the street powers linesand pole would have come down creating havoc ! Here are a few photos -

Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey & New York  have much devastation. Here is a photo of Fenwick Island, Del where I vacation annually in August -

• 5177 points

I have this crazy life where I work during the week in Stamford, CT and go home to Cape Cod and my family for the weekends. Here are some photos of the  beach front cottage on Long Island Sound in Stamford, CT where I stayed during the week...until Sandy arrived..With the storm surge, waves were breaking over the top of the house! Have to find a new abode....Various shots of teh living room, downstairs bed room (sans wall), kitchen, downstairs hallway..UGH!! 

•  

Wow Pete! I hope this place was a rental. That's really sad. Good luck!

•  

Wow Pete! I hope this place was a rental. That's really sad. Good luck!

•  

To see these resulting pics is sad. Here is a side-by-side view of before and after:

www.msnbc.msn.com/.../weather

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Brutal...simply brutal..I hope everyone was able to find safety and security.

•  

This tree was uprooted on the 9th hole of my home course.  This tree was over 250 years old. Other trees were also blown down, a few fell on the greens.