New Titleist Utility Irons

New Titleist Utility Irons

•  

Did you guys see these beauties?

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/default.aspx?sb=TourBlog

Interesting, very interesting...

•  

Hopefully it makes it to retail. I know it would make a lot of people happy.

•  

I hit my irons better than my woods, so I'd be interested in something like this.

•  

Bring it Titleist, can't wait!

•  

Interesting, it might be just a little too much iron for me. they look great though and i would love to demo some. I am not getting my hopes  up because most companies don't make many sets of blades for lefties.

•  

Definitely would have a look at it if it came on the market.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I also tend to hit my irons better than my woods for the most part, but I still am not sure I could hit that 2 iron.  These clubs just look like slightly thicker muscleback irons, although it's hard to tell off of pictures alone.  Don't think I'd be replacing my hybrids with these.  They definitely look nice though.

• 3545 points

I'm very interested!!! I've always hit my long irons pretty good but, extra forgiveness never hurts. I have replaced my 5 wood w/ a hybrid this year with good success however, having a 2 utility club sounds very appealing. I wonder what the chances of them coming to retail with a lefty version is?

•  

Adam Scott and Kyle Stanley have been using a similar utility iron in recent weeks.  Not sure if it was a precursor to that iron or not...I work for FJ!

•  

Work is a loose term DG.  You run around the fun factory.  lol

These do look interesting, but I have no need for one at this time.

TT

•  

The 712 on the hosel might indicate it may not be available until 2014?

• 5264 points

Does anyone know how well these "hybrid irons" move through rough? I find the conventional hybrids tend to move through deeper grass/rough very nicely  - It took a while to become accustomed to the "girth" if you will, but I really like their versatility and height on shots - MOre than I can achieve with a long iron, that's for sure...  

•  

cool i hope it goes to stores because i want to try it out

•  

Interesting thought, there are still players who prefer an iron so putting some time into R&D for a U Iron makes sense. I will hit and see what happens at least.

•  

These would be tremendous for getting through "anything" because of their weight. If you can hit a long iron, these would get you home in 2...

I have hit 2 - iron and it out distances my 5 wood.

(IMHO)

I look forward to the opportunity to swing these...

-ICONs for ALL