gotta brag a little

gotta brag a little

• 264 points

A year and a half ago I was scoring in the 120's....my last 2 rounds were 87's...my wife asked if I was happy and I told her yes but I just can't figure out how to drop those 7 strokes...her response...."typical golfer"

•  

good for you dog foodman ! good luck with lost last 7 strokes :)

•  

I think you'll find those 7 strokes a bit harder to shave than the first thirty.  Keep at it, though, and you'll enjoy our game even more.  By the way, welcome to the Forum.  You'll find lots of interesting and informative discussion here if you stick with us.

•  

good for you and welcome to the FJ community

•  

Welcome to the FJC!

Congratulations on dropping 40 strokes!!!! that is phenominal progress.....

Losing those 7 strokes is like losing weight...Less is more!

Take more time to prep for your shot and then execute. It is a process but, like dieting it will show progress little by little.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY AND CONGRATS ON YOUR GOOD WORK.

AS PULPLVR SAID THE NEXT 7 ARE REALLY TOUGH. STICK WITH IT AND IT WILL COME.

AGAIN WELCOME.

• 2771 points

Nice work!  Enjoy & welcome.

•  

Welcome to the FJC dogfoodman..  Keep working hard to improve with practice, practice, and more practice.   Looking forward to your posts.

Deno

•  

Practice makes perfect they say, dfm....So keep up the great work and welcome to the FJC !

•  

Congrats on dropping the first 40. The others will drop...eventually...but as Thomas has said, it's like losing weight. Excess fat comes off easy, getting fit and trim takes continued practice...and takes more time.

•  

As you improve, you will find the short game is the best way to shave strokes off of your score. Practice putting as much as you can and work on your pitching, chipping and bunker shots often. Go get  'em.

• 264 points

Thanks for the kind words....gotta go practice my short game !

• 630 points

Great job!

•  

I always stop keeping score after 16 that way I am always happy.  Only kidding, nice work, get some help from your club pro on your short game and course management, strokes can melt away, but it takes work.

• 5177 points

That is some serious progress dogfoodman! From here, the easiest way to continue slimming that handicap is surely the short game - Consistency from 120 yds. in and good putting will pull down your handicap those seven or so strokes.