Have you ever run a Marathon ?

Have you ever run a Marathon ?

•  

in sandals or flipflops ? 

the world record was just set 2:46:58

•  

Sure did, it was my first marriage, it lasted 14 years, thought it would never end... All those stories about bleeding and picking are so true! :)

•  

no marathon, but i run the Army Ten-Miler every year.  it's coming up this weekend, and let me tell you, it's a lot harder to prepare when you have a little one around!

however, i can't even begin to imagine doing it in flip flops.  however there are a few military men who will run in full uniform (with their packs and belts) including boots.  that's an amazing feat.

•  

Have never done it in any shoes and never will. I just do not see the point!

•  

19hole
    Have never done it in any shoes and never will. I just do not see the point!

I second your sentiments Rick

•  

I have run a couple of Mudathlons/Warrior Dash. Really don't like running, very boring.

•  

Knees wouldnt allow that, maybe a halfer!

•  

i love to run.  it's a good 30-40 minutes where no one can bother me and no one can reach me.  prefect time to just be alone and let your mind think about whatever.

and i have to admit, my competitive side likes it when i go out and do something most people can't/won't do.

•  

I have run 2. The LA Marathon and the Napa Valley. At Napa Valley I set a record. After running the 26 miles I drank 26 beers. Plus it was regular beer none of that weenie Michelob Ultra swill.

• 3539 points

I've done a couple sprint distance triathlons and a few 5k's but, no marathons and I can't even imagine doing any running in flip flops...ouch!

•  

Nice bholley, 26 beers that is pretty impressive.

•  

bholley
    I have run 2. The LA Marathon and the Napa Valley. At Napa Valley I set a record. After running the 26 miles I drank 26 beers. Plus it was regular beer none of that weenie Michelob Ultra swill.

wait.....a marathon is 26.2 miles.  did you forget to drink the last .2 of a beer?

•  

tdogg21
    bholleyI have run 2. The LA Marathon and the Napa Valley. At Napa Valley I set a record. After running the 26 miles I drank 26 beers. Plus it was regular beer none of that weenie Michelob Ultra swill.

wait.....a marathon is 26.2 miles.  did you forget to drink the last .2 of a beer?

The race was run early in the morning. So drinking 26 beers over a 12 hour was not that hard. I finished pretty early in the evening so I had a vodka on the rocks for a night cap. Seemed fair to me.

•  

no i havent and i dont want to because I hate running unless i am playing a sport

• 3852 points

why run a marathon?