Should the Pro's wear shorts ? Westwood did at Turkish Open last week.

Should the Pro's wear shorts ? Westwood did at Turkish Open last week.

•  

What do you think ?  Yes, No, Maybe ?

• 690 points

Lets keep the game at the Professional level TOP SHELF.

Pros in long pants and collared shirt.

If anything lets work on putting the rules in basic english and a lot simplier to understand.

• 433 points

who really cares.  If it's a 90 degree day and the guys want to throw on some short pants let em.

•  

Nicklaus lobbied this for years. I seem to recall Forrest Fezzler coming out of a "porta-potty" near teh 17th hole at the US Open many years ago having changed into a pair of shorts. It gets very hot at many tour stops and the US Amateur championships allow shorts so why not on tour?

•  

There has been a long standing tradition for pros to wear pants. I believe they can wear them on practice days, pro ams and exhibitions like Turkey, but must wear pant during events!

•  

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/jason-sobel/wearing-shorts-causes-stir-in-professional-golf/

•  

Gotta stay classy in PGA, maybe during practice rounds- maybe!

•  

In a word, NO!

•  

Personally, I would like the tour to continue wearing long pants as my opinion.

•  

Not for me.  Keep the long pants for Tour play.  Plenty of lite weight trousers available for these guys.  

• 311 points

Caddied for D.A Points last year at the DBC... said "wearing pants levels our class and it makes us play better... look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp"

•  

I would vote no to shorts. This is golf at the highest level, keep it professional.

• 5247 points

I would leave it up to the discretion of each pro golfer. Personally, the chicken sticks I have for legs would work to my advantage as opponents take one look and start laughing, losing concentration! Given that the pros hit balls off line as often as amateurs (alright, not quite as often, but they do - Remember Kevin Na in Texas a couple of years ago at the Valero Open  where he took some large double digit number for a score on one hole? Imagine him in that thicket hacking away while wearing shorts. He'd have emerged bloody as well as unbowed!), long pants are clearly protection against the various maladies awaiting wayward shots..Poison ivy, creepy crawlies, branches, and other detritus beckon the bare legged golfer..

•  

i would have no issue if they let them, but i do think they look better in long pants.  i think it would look worse if some were in shorts and some in long pants.  however, i wouldn't mind seeing it at a couple events a year.  i think it would be cool to see the Hawaii events in shorts or the Disney event.  but other than that, stick with the long pants.

•  

Not a fan of them wearing shorts.  Keep it classy.  Most of them would probably have ostrich legs like Randy.

And I shutter to think what John Daly would wear if allowed to have shorts.

TT