Double Eagle

Double Eagle

• 756 points

FJ Community,

Please share your Double Eagle stories.

I just recorded my first today at Sun Hills Golf Course. Hole #9, 513 Yard Par 5. Hit a solid drive and 3 wood with four players on the hole in front witnessing as the ball passed between two of them and into the hole.

It was totally blind to me and my partner. When I arrived at the hole all 4 were congratulating me and shaking their heads about how far the shot was.

240 yards with a three wood, are you kidding me!!

• 3852 points

groovy!   more rare than a hole in one...congrats...their ain't no other double eagle stories, as no one else has had one..and you need not solicit other's stories to share your own!

•  

I've had one - but was really an ACE -  dogleg pair 4 - three-wood in the Hole (about 30 years ago).

This year - witnessed my course's pro make double eagle on a Par 5  -  Driver - 7 Iron (hole as playing down wind about 510).  The neat thing about this double eagle was this one was his second double eagle on the same hole (happened 10 days apart)  -  same driver/7 iron combination.

•  

No such luck yet for me.  Closest I've come was about two inches from the cup on a par 5.  Getting harder every year as my distance drops.

•  

Still waiting for that miracle !

•  

WOW!  Congratulations Striker!  The elusive Double Eagle is something that I cannot say I have scored myself, or even witnessed.

Bobby - congrats to your Pro as well - two within 2 weeks!  Amazing!!!

•  

Nope never had one, knocked one about 2 feet from the hole last weekend. I have found that I don't have much control on 250 yards 3 wood hits.

great shot ! congrats

•  

Congratulations indeed!!!!

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Like pulplvr, no luck as of yet.  Congratulations on your double eagle-- Isn't that also called an albatross?

I've never come close to a double eagle.  Reality check:  I'll need to tee it from the forward tees if I want to have the chance.

•  

I had one last summer at Thorny Lea Golf Club near our Brockton Facility, holed a 5 iron from 217.  I toed it ever so slightly, but I couldn't argue with the results!

•  

the closest i've come was within about 2 inches on a short par 4.  would have been great to have both my first hole-in-one and first double eagle at the same time.