New Baseball Playoff Format

New Baseball Playoff Format

•  

What does everyone think of the new MLB playoff format.  In my opinion the penant races were better this year than in past years, but it is hard to believe that 2 teams are going home tonight after a one game series.  Too bad the wildcard couldn't be a 3 game series - like the format of most series during the year.

•  

i like the excitement of the pennant races, but i hate when too many teams get in.  in the AL, all three division titles went down to the wire.  so they didn't need the Wild Card to manufacture more drama.

personally, i wish they would get rid of divisions and take the top 2, 4, 6, or 8 teams and have the playoffs.

i guess i like the one game playoff.  they are always exciting and interesting to see how the manager manages the game.  but it does stink one team goes home after one game.  unfortunately with baseball, if you made the other teams wait a week to play, they would be at a huge disadvantage.

•  

WELL FIRST I THINK OUR ASTROS SHOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS,,,,,,,,,,,,LMAO.THEY ONLY LOST 107 GAMES AND AT LEAST SHOULD HAVE A PLAYOFF TO SEE WHO GETS THE FIRST DRAFT PICK,,,,,,,,UH,,,,,I GUESS WE PROVED WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL ALREADY.

I GUESS IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$ BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES ONE GAME MAKE.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE A THREE GAME SERIES OR JUST HAVE ONE WILDCARD.

•  

No, I don't like it the Braves won 94 games this year and now make the playoff they have to win 95. The yankee's won 95 games best in the AL. Don't like it. go Braves

•  

I think the additional wild card is a waste. Teams play 162 games and then it comes down to 1 game. The old system was fine. The season is too long anyway.

•  

It sure added some excitement this year. Now that the 1st-ever wildcard game has been tarnished by the worst infield-fly call in history, at a critical juncture of the game, it will be remembered for a long, long time!

•  

Don't like it. Braves Fan, 94 wins gone in one game. not enough reward for all the wins plus you have to use a number one pitcher just to make sure you have a chance to win, you can't afford to lose.

Yuck